PDA

View Full Version : Guppy' online

xrboy_85
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 05:01 AM
Hey guys

just wondering if anyone has ever had any bad dealings with gupys, iv bought stuff off them in the past and they have been quick and satisfactory, untill last week when i ordered some co2 gear and every thing else turned up bar the diffuser, i have attempted to contact them on every email they offer but still no reply???? any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Justin

JamezMan
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 03:28 AM
I personally have had a bad dealing with Guppy's. I bought an eheim classic cannisiter filter from them a few years ago which had no media apart from a couple of pads, even though the ad said it was 'complete and ready to use' and their service dealing with the problem was poor. Don't think I will be buying from there again.

Luke

swampy1972
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 06:18 AM
I've dealt with him on several occassions without any real issues. Generally good communication and quick to deliver. He can be slow to respond at times because I think he sells a fair number of items, so I'd give him another shot by email.

If you continue to have troubles let me know because I know a member of another forum that may have alternate contact details for him..

xrboy_85
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 10:22 AM
thanks swampy wil have another crack

The Doctor
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 11:37 AM
Hi xrboy,

I was wondering if you had any luck with guppys?

I have had a similar issue recently where I ordered a few items from guppys( the first time I have used them ), one of the items did not arrive but I was still charged for it.

I have sent them a few emails since and I am still waiting for a result.

Please let me know if you have managed to get a response.

Cheers
Dave

xrboy_85
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 11:58 AM
Hey Dave

So far have had nothing but excuses for a joke of a show, been told that first the item was definately sent no questions asked. then after replying well there was no room in the box for anything other than what came in it. i was told that they were out of stock and they sent a better one to replace it?? that one never showed up either, than was asked to supply my account details so they could refund my money!! well guess what nothing, tell you what if i was that smug with my clients i would be going broke.. Dont't know about you guys but im Happy to say i won't be dealing with or recomending these clowns to anyone. it's been nearly a month which to me is ridiculous.

The Doctor
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 12:22 PM
Hi xr,

Sorry to hear you have not had any luck.

I was first told by guppys that 'Paypal' was supposed to give me a credit for the missing item as 'guppys' couldn't send it and guarantee it would 'arrive in one piece'.

I have since sent them a number of emails and am still waiting for a response.

This is the first time I have used these guys, and all it has done is leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I would definately not recommend these guys if people are hoping for any sort of customer service.

Dave

m.ingram
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 10:54 PM
What you need to do is send them an email giving them 28 days to either come up with the product or give you a full refund and stating that after that time you will be going to the Police and having the charged with theft As that is what they they are doing stealing your hard earned money and not delivering on there part of the deal . You must give them 28 days notice though to sort out the issue . I have done this in the past with a different company and got this advice from the ombudsman and by a miracale the items turned up a week later .

swifto
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 11:57 PM
Hi all,hey if its a no show from guppy's,i recommend THE REEF SHOP they have delivered every time without fail.I order everything from them.

JamezMan
Thu Aug 04, 2011, 05:41 AM
Hi all,hey if its a no show from guppy's,i recommend THE REEF SHOP they have delivered every time without fail.I order everything from them.

I agree. The Reef Shop is a good place to buy from. Everyone probably knows this already but 'Age of Aquariums' is another great place to buy from too. They have been a joy to purchase from and their customer service is second to none.

Luke

Ghoti
Thu Aug 04, 2011, 05:48 AM
'Age of Aquariums' is another great place to buy from too. They have been a joy to purchase from and their customer service is second to none.

Luke

I'll second that - Ben is always very helpful, goods are dispatched quickly and shipping is a flat $7.50.

Cheers,
Scott

swampy1972
Thu Aug 04, 2011, 06:28 AM
Sorry to hear about your bad experience mate. I think you've waited long enough, so I'd suggest contacting the Dept of Fair Trading. Let Guppy's know what you're doing prior to sending the complaint to see if he changes his tune, if not then go for it. I've never failed to get the desired outcome once they become involved.
All the best ;)

BettaBetta
Thu Aug 04, 2011, 11:12 AM
Sorry to hear you've had a bad trot with Guppys. I, myself, cannot speak highly enough of them in terms of products, price, service and follow-up. Have spent many $1k's over the years ordering for myself and friends (to share cost of courier) and if there's ever been the slightest issue (faulty ballast or whatever) the replacement arrives the next day!

Ben at Age of Aquariums is also a favorite store of mine, it's usually cheaper for me to have them courier my order @ $7.50 (nationwide charge regardless of how much you buy I believe) than it is to drive there. Plus Ben will match ANY competitor's price you can show him!

xrboy_85
Thu Aug 04, 2011, 11:14 AM
Cheers guys will follow up on it, i have had good experiences with age of aquariums also as they i used to live up the road from them!! Deano is cool and always looks after my freight to warwick nowadays!!!

JamezMan
Sun Aug 07, 2011, 09:00 AM
Hey guys, sorry if this is a tad off topic, but I was just wondering if you guys knew of a good online supplier for Hikari fish foods? I've been looking around at about a 1/2 a dozen of the more popular shops online and none have the hikari carnivore pellets that I'm after.

Thanks for your help :)

Mr Wild
Sun Aug 07, 2011, 01:16 PM
The 1kg pack is on ebay atm

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hikari-Carnivore-Pellets-1kg-packet-special-price-/320452220275

JamezMan
Sun Aug 07, 2011, 07:28 PM
Yeah I saw that one thanks. I was after a smaller pack if possible.

APW
Sun Aug 07, 2011, 10:32 PM
http://www.aquariumproductswholesale.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=374

JamezMan
Mon Aug 08, 2011, 06:36 AM
Thanks APW.

The Doctor
Wed Aug 10, 2011, 08:34 AM
Hi xr,

Have you had success?

All emails I have sent have still been ignored, it has been over a month since I have received any correspondence.

It looks like the next step will be informing the Dept. of Fair Trading.

Shame, some of their prices are good, but in this case you definately get what you pay for.

angrycustomer
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 01:04 PM
Hi,
I can confirm all bad feedback on guppy’s. I bought a T5 fixture from them a while back. I needed to change the globes so emailed them asking which globes they would recommend as their website is very limited with information.
After a few days of no response, I emailed again.
After 1 month of no response, I emailed them tell them where to go, in a polite way, and that I would never purchase from them again.
I had a reply within an hour asking what I was talking about. When referring them to my month of no feedback, their response was:
“Best you buy from a shop then, we do not recommend products as that make us liable if you don’t like our recommendation”
Thanks Guppy's, great service, thanks for making me wait a month longer than I needed to save my dying plants.
To make matters worse, I have gone to remove the globes from my fitting but the cheap Perspex cover shipped with the fixture has warped and is stuck in the unit. Upon trying to slide it out, it is snapping each time I touch it.
Guppy’s = cheap horrible nasty imported crap.
Spend the money and buy something that will last.
Tony – Adelaide local andgry with guppy’s

MELODY MUNRO
Fri Jul 07, 2017, 02:50 AM
Hey all
I am new to the forum but I wanted to respond to this thread. I have no affiliation with Guppies aquarium products, I just think it is right to share my positive experiences with Guppies as they have been doing the right thing by me. I live only 15 minutes drive from Guppies warehouse and I visit it on a weekly basis to buy fish food and bit and pieces - they have been great with me - very friendly and helpful...I want people to know that this is an old thread and the experiences that people shared were about the old Guppies warehouse and the actions of the previous owners and management. Guppies is now under new owners and new management - be willing to give them a go and if you live on the Gold Coast or in Northern NSW pay them a visit - the place is a large warehouse, a treasure trove of fishy goodies. Cheers.

bellason
Sat Feb 19, 2022, 10:54 AM
Purchasing locally has a lot of advantages. Delivering costs is one of them.

It's less upsetting for the fish. You get to see the fish before you get them. You get to meet and interface with individuals who are dedicated to what you are hoping to get into. It's better for the climate.

Just an option.