PDA

View Full Version : FS: UV Sterilizer (new in box) - SOLD

Komatose
Sun Mar 20, 2005, 05:46 AM
As the heading says... new "Coralife Turbo-Twist 3x" 9 Watt UV Sterilizer. Comes wiht Philips globe which has NEVER been used. Purchased this late last year but never ended up using it.

Coralife is an excellent brand originating out of the U.S.

Paid over $100, will sell for $75 + $10 shipping if required.

http://www.aquatichouse.com/uvsterilizer_files/UVSterilizer.asp
http://www.aquariumguys.com/turbotwist3x.html

Email me - nwalters@iinet.net.au

Cheers
Nick

Dee
Sun Mar 20, 2005, 10:13 AM
G'day Nick,

You have mail :wink:

Cheers,

Dee.

Merrilyn
Sun Mar 20, 2005, 01:04 PM
You beat me to it Dee. :?

Dee
Tue Mar 22, 2005, 12:12 PM
Sorry Merrilyn :oops:

I moved quickly on the UV because I just missed out on some nice RSG's Nick had for sale a few weeks back. :? I've learnt to get in quick on the classifieds on DF.com :wink:

Cheers,

Dee.

Komatose
Tue Mar 22, 2005, 12:17 PM
I'll have an Eheim 2224 Professional for sale shortly with an an inline AquaPro UV sterilizer for $170 if anyone is interested :)

Just have to clear out everything in the 6foot first.

Nick

Merrilyn
Tue Mar 22, 2005, 12:30 PM
No probs Dee. Good pick up. :P

Ben
Tue Mar 22, 2005, 10:00 PM
sorry Dee, i am the little bugger that got the RSG's,
i will show some pcs though! they are all going very well, Nick the large turk paired up with one of my brillant blue females.

cheers,
Ben

Dee
Sat Mar 26, 2005, 01:56 PM
G'day Ben,

No problems mate ! You did well, first in best dressed :wink:

Cheers,

Dee

spencer
Tue Apr 05, 2005, 11:38 AM
Hi, sorry if this is not the place to ask, but does anyone know the voltage of these Coralife Turbo Twists

Regards MAX

Dee
Tue Apr 05, 2005, 01:19 PM
G'day Max,

I bought this unit off Nick and it says on the power supply 220-240V 50HZ ... 10.2 Watt. It has the UK type plug, so all it needs is the adaptor. I spoke to my electrician, who rewired my recording studio ... so i trust his word ... and he said there is no problems at all running the unit with an adaptor. The USA CoraLife units are 110V and will need a voltage transformer, which is not recommended ... a bit risky etc.

HTH

Cheers,

Dee :)

spencer
Tue Apr 05, 2005, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the reply Dee,
Sorry if Im a bit dumb, does that mean if I could order a coralife unit from the UK it would be the 220-240v model
I dont want to risk a 110v job
Cheers Max

Dee
Wed Apr 06, 2005, 02:02 AM
G'day Max,

That's not a dumb question at all mate :) If you find somewhere in the UK that ships to Aus just make sure that it's a 220-240V 50HZ unit before buying it, just ask the retailer questions. Let me know if you find any UK coralife units, as i would like to buy another. Maybe we could split shipping costs and save a few pennies. The other option is buying one from Hong Kong as im pretty sure their units are the UK 220-240V type. Let me know how you go mate.

Cheers,

spencer
Wed Apr 06, 2005, 02:09 AM
Thanks Dee, Never even thought of Hong Kong, Damm, I was there 3 months ago,oh well
I will keep searching around and let you know if I find any of these coralife suitable for Australia

ps.If anyone knows where to get these, please let me know

Cheers Max :P

Dee
Thu Apr 07, 2005, 06:59 AM
G'day Max,

Keep me posted on how you go mate, I have been looking but cant find any UK units at this time. I'm after another 9W UK unit.

Cheers,

spencer
Fri Apr 08, 2005, 04:56 AM
Hi Dee

I recieved an answer from eAquaNature Singapore Pte Ltd regarding the Coralife Turbo Twist UV Sterilzser
They have the units and they are 220v . the also advised they ship to Aust
They only quoted me the price of the CORALIFE TURBO-TWIST 6X - 18 WATT- $299 singapore dollars (Approx $235AUD)
I am going to mail again to ask cost of the different units (and the shipping cost if it is not included in that price)
will let you know
Regards Max :shock:
EDIT: I just heard back, they have the 9 Watt model $199singapore dollars,($156) freight is $35sgd ($27.50 AUD)$34.50 AUD for 2 units
Would the 9Watt be enough for a 4x2x2?
Cheers again
Max

Dee
Fri Apr 08, 2005, 12:47 PM
Hi Max,

Thanks for the info, well done mate. The 9w unit does upto 125G, where as the 18w unit does upto 250G. I would most proberly go for the 18w unit for my 4x2x2 which is approx 120G. Make sure its a 220-240V 50HZ unit. Let me know if you are going to place an order.

Thanks again,

spencer
Fri Apr 08, 2005, 12:52 PM
Hi Dee
Just going to mail them now to make sure it is 220-240V 50HZ
If they confirm,I think I will order, will let you know
Cheers Max

Dee
Fri Apr 08, 2005, 01:05 PM
Cool Max :)

I would be after a 18w unit if all checks out.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Dee. :)

spencer
Fri Apr 08, 2005, 10:38 PM
Hi Dee,
got an email back from http://www.eaquanature.com/. He confirms they are 220-240V 50HZ. I am assuming we would have to change the plug to suit Aust
Cheers Max :D

Dee
Sat Apr 09, 2005, 05:24 AM
G'day Max,

Great news mate ! All you have to do is buy an adapter from any Electronics shop. Please let me know if you are placing an order and i will get a 18w unit and we can split the shipping costs :wink: I'm not sure ... but Merrilyn (Lady Red) may be after a unit too.

Thanks for your time Max.

Cheers,

Dee.

spencer
Sat Apr 09, 2005, 10:04 AM
Hi
Freight is $53.00sgd approx $41.50AUD for 3 units (acording to XE Currency converter) http://www.xe.com/ucc/
I will email him to see if we can get a better price for 3 units

Cheers Max

Dee
Sat Apr 09, 2005, 10:17 AM
Hi Max,

Sounds good. LadyRed may not be intrested, I only mentioned she may be because she showed intrest in the unit i bought off nick. Thanks for the update :)

Cheers,

Dee.

Merrilyn
Sat Apr 09, 2005, 10:37 AM
Count me in guys. I'm interested in the 18 W unit.

Dee
Sat Apr 09, 2005, 10:40 AM
yay ! :wink:

goldenpigeon
Sat Apr 09, 2005, 10:43 AM
i would buy 1 to but dont have enough money at the moment :(

hey does any1 wanna shout me 1? LOL :)

spencer
Sat Apr 09, 2005, 11:24 AM
Hi Merrilyn and Dee,
I have mailed Edmund Lim (eAquaNature Singapore Pte Ltd) about a discount? for 3 units, will let you know as soon as I get a response
Cheers to you both
Max

spencer
Mon Apr 11, 2005, 05:21 AM
Hi All,
Ok, no discount for 3 units :cry: ,How would everyone like to go about this now? Is it worth doing a multiple order or just everyone order 1?
Im ok with whatever suits you guys

Cheers max

Davo
Mon Apr 11, 2005, 07:12 AM
Hello,

I am interested in shipping one of these over here as they are highly rated in the US. Does anybody know about the availability of replacement tubes for them? Are they available over here or do you have to import them?

Thanks,
Dave.

Dee
Mon Apr 11, 2005, 10:23 AM
Hi Max,

Pity about the discount ... oh well, thanks for trying mate :wink: I was thinking about shipping on the way home tonight. I have in the past bought alot of music gear off ebay and the internet. One thing to keep in mind is import duty, i'm not sure what the threshold is, but am sure it's value dependant. One peice of equipment I imported from the UK had a value of $900 AUD. When it arrived I was issued with a Import Tax invoice of $92 from memory (eqautes to about 10% of total value). Just thought I would mention it. What is the price of 1 unit with shipping? Might be best placing three seperate orders ? Other option is to ask the retailer to undervalue the total value of the shipment, but if the shipment is lost or broken you are only covered for the declared value.

Once again Max thanks for all the time you have spent organising it all.

Cheers,

Almost forgot, Davo regarding the tubes they are available online from the US coralife ones. I have a phillips tube in my 9w CoraLife Turbo, which I think are better quality and i'm sure they would be available in AU. Bulbs need replacing every 8000 hours (1 year). I think 9w tubes are about 50 or so AU and the 18w eqaute to about $75 AU. HTH

spencer
Mon Apr 11, 2005, 11:36 AM
Hi Dee & Merrilyn,
Total is $343SGD APPROX $268AUD for 1 unit. I didnt think about import duty, there is much more chance of 1 item of this value slipping thru than 3 at $804 and probably much less hassle this end working out exchange rates, delivery etc.
I have just placed my order
The online order was very simple, so I guess now, its just wait & see. I dont think in the end we would have saved much by combining orders.
Are you both going to order?
Regards Max
P S, I hope I havent upset either of you buy just going ahead and ordering :oops:

Dee
Mon Apr 11, 2005, 12:04 PM
Hi Max,

No need to worry about placing your order mate, I have to wait until my fish are sold before getting one. The GF will seriously leave me if spend any more savings on fish and equipment :? It's a case of selling my fish and stuff nowdays to fund my discus habit :roll: I just sold my adult discus, cricket kit and some other stuff to cover my fish buying spree and UV etc :lol: Doesn't matter though ... as my mate said to me "why's the 12th man in the side need a brand new full kit anyway" you could say I'm a crappy cricketer :oops: :lol:

Thanks for everything Max, I couldn't even find any 240v Units anywhere :roll:

Cheers,

Ps: don't tell the GF, but i just orderd 2 Hydor 400w heaters from Age of Aqauriums too. When will it ever end ????? :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:

Merrilyn
Mon Apr 11, 2005, 02:42 PM
No problems Max. I think seperate orders is the best way to go. We don't want a big tax bill added to the cost of the unit :? I'll be ordering mine tomorrow. Thanks for your great help in finding them. 8-)

africandiscus
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 01:43 AM
I have the 18w version and it is AWESOME. I love it. Get an extra bulb or 2 (even though they last a year) since they are difficult to get in OZ.

Just a thought to save on shipping

Merrilyn
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 03:32 AM
Good idea, thanks for that bit of advice psx. Will do.

Dee
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 03:54 AM
Hi Merrilyn,

I contacted Edmund last night about replacement bulbs for the CoraLife UV's. He said he will look into what he can come up with, as it is not a 'off the shelf' item he stocks, I'm waiting for a reply. they are also available from the USA online, the CoraLife ones. The CoraLife ones are phillips ones boxed in a Coralife box ... they are good qaulity. The UV units are shipped with a phillips tube. Hope this info helps :) Here's the link for the US ones, although I have to find out you can use them in 220 - 240V units ? ... http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/category.xml?pcid1=3247;category_id=1877

Cheers,

spencer
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 04:07 AM
Hi Dee, Merrlilyn
When I placed my order, there was an option to order extra tubes $58SGD(I think) for the 18w
cheers Max

Dee
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 04:42 AM
G'day Max,

The ones you mentioned are the ones I asked Edmund about. He said they are UVC brand ones made in Holland, and said to use the CoraLife ones, which he is getting info for. I'm waiting to see what he can find out before placing an order, I'm also ordering a bunch of other stuff from him too :roll: he's got some great prices on other things :wink:

Cheers,

spencer
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 04:56 AM
Hi Dee,
I just love his site, wish I had plans to go to Singapore again
Yes, just looked again,I just assumed Coralife tube,Can you let me know if you hear back from him getting the coralife replacement tube. Did you say they are a phillips tube that come with the units?
I wonder if thay are just a phillips if we could get them in Australia. :?:
Cheers Max

Dee
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 11:23 AM
Hi Guys,

I just heard back from Edmund.

CoraLife 9w UV Bulb - SG$45 = AUD$35-36

CoraLife 18w UV Bulb - SG$65 = AUD$50-51

Just thought I'd let you know incase anyone is placing an order and wants some bulbs too. Seem like pretty reasonable prices.

Cheers,

Dee

:D

Dee
Sun Apr 17, 2005, 02:46 PM
Hi Max,

Have you got your CoraLife UV yet ? Just thought I'd ask :)

Cheers,

Dee

spencer
Sun Apr 17, 2005, 02:51 PM
Hi Dee,
Got an email from Edmund saying it had been despatched from Singapore on friday.Not sure how long it will take to get to me.
No great hurry,still havent got my tank as yet!

Cheers Max

chrissyoscar
Tue Jun 28, 2005, 05:49 AM
Hi Max

How is the UV going.
How long did it take to get here from Singapore?.
Are you happy with it?

Oscar

spencer
Sun Jul 03, 2005, 12:07 PM
Hi there
Didnt take long ar all,bout 10 days
All seems fine, although it is my first UV
Reading the different reviews, I would recommend it
Cheers Max

chrissyoscar
Mon Jul 04, 2005, 03:41 AM
Thanks Max