PDA

View Full Version : Sick Red Melons

Kaza
Wed Mar 16, 2005, 11:04 PM
My two RM are not well, they have a loss of colour and not eating well, (these fish are normally pigs) anyway they ahve been wormed and treated for hex in the last two weeks, still no imporovement. So I want to use tetra cyline on them both and hoep this fixes the problem. I dont like to use this drug but I dont know what else to do.
OK so I know this drug wipes out the filter bacteria, what about if I set them up in a tank with a NEW filter, give them a course of the drug for 5 days and them put them back in their tank. Will ammonia be a problem?
I though when cyling a tank it takes about ten days for ammonia to rear its head?

goldenpigeon
Wed Mar 16, 2005, 11:09 PM
can u tell more about water params? whats ur w/c regieme like???

Merrilyn
Thu Mar 17, 2005, 02:57 AM
Kaza, sorry to hear that. Yes, it will be better to use tetracycline in a separate tank. You won't need to use a filter in the treatment tank, just an airstone, and daily water changes.

Good luck.

Kaza
Thu Mar 17, 2005, 04:54 AM
thanks goldenpigeon the water is fine and it is changed every second day. There are 16 young discus in the tank and all are fine except for these two.
Ladyred should I do it for 5 days more or less.

Merrilyn
Thu Mar 17, 2005, 06:53 AM
I'd treat for 5 days Karen. I'm thinking of you.

leanne31
Thu Mar 17, 2005, 08:27 AM
What happened, when I gave him back to u yesterday he was eating black worm and picking on frozen bs has he lost his colour again. What about the bd is he doing better now that hes home too. :)

leanne31
Thu Mar 17, 2005, 08:29 AM
Oh I forgot did I mention simons got some red melons in today from sls think I'll go there tomorrow before you do ha :lol:

Leanne

Kaza
Thu Mar 17, 2005, 09:05 AM
One red melon is eating and bossing the snakeskin around (heaps bigger than him) but the other one looks pale. The blue diamond is hiding but he is eating. God he is an ugly little fish, beaky and big eyes yet the other two are really nice.

I think tomorrow tho I will give the RM a dose of medi and see how I go.
Yes I know Simon has red melons in, I already rang him and of course he is saving me ALL the RED MELONS he is getting in. Of course he can't upset his best customer.

fishyfish
Fri Mar 18, 2005, 01:52 AM
Hello there which shop are they located at in Adelaide ?

Thanks Jason

Kaza
Fri Mar 18, 2005, 05:12 AM
Hey all,
Well one RM is eatting well and looking good the other one still not as good, I started treating this morning with the medi I also added some blackworms in case he got hungry, when I went back outside to check on him, they were all gone so fingers crossed he will get better soon.
The fish shop is in Morphett Vale, (South Road)
What do fishy fish Aquarium and Pond services do?