PDA

View Full Version : they have paired up!!!

Mattzilla
Wed Mar 16, 2005, 06:44 AM
my new additions have bben spending a whole lot of time together ever since i got them the other day. well this afternoon i saw the ss spawning!!!!!!

this is great news...even though i thought the ss was a male....lol

the turq was only too happy to gobble up all the eggs as soon as they where laid. i really need this one to be a male as the ss now makes 3 confirmed females out of only 4 fish!

goldenpigeon
Wed Mar 16, 2005, 06:55 AM
hi mattzilla,
very nice fish u got there particularly the female ss :shock: sorry about the eggs :cry: but they will have more :D

ive got a suprise female like yours. it is the biggest red-whitei have ever seen (at least 12cm). it has the nicest markings and SOOOOOOOOOO round! i bought it thinking i would replace the big male i already have with a smaller female (both red-whites). but as it turnes out it was a female :D and paired up with the big male (the new female is bigger than the existing male) :wink: .

again very nice fish :D

Merrilyn
Wed Mar 16, 2005, 06:56 AM
Must be something about you Matt, that you seem to attract all the chicks :lol: Hope the turk turns out to be a boy !

Dave76
Wed Mar 16, 2005, 07:58 AM
I wonder if there is a market for Discus caviar - you seem to be having the same problem as me :D

Regards

Dave

Mattzilla
Wed Mar 16, 2005, 08:02 AM
yeah the turq loves the stuff.... you can see best in the second pic it is litterally there and waiting to be fed as soon as the ss lays the eggs

greedy bugger...lol