PDA

View Full Version : Male Blue Turq

BobbyBruce
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 09:13 AM
Hi All,

Here are some pics of a blue turq male that I have had for almost a year now. Despite the defects, I like him a lot. He (along with blue turq female) have produced a number of fertile spawns for me. Sadly, as I have nowhere to offload so many young fish it has not been worth my while trying to grow them out.

Regards,

Bob

scott bowler
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 10:49 AM
nice fish to me its an old school cobalt , the colour looks good . the eye to size looks good , the high fin is some thing that i like but for ture discus not so good . all round its a very nice fish to me .

BobbyBruce
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 10:57 AM
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your comments.

I have checked this site on a number of ocassions and if cost were not a limit there are some fish there that would come here.

Well down this page http://dalejordanhatcheries.ca/inventory.html there are some pictures of Wattley's original blue turqs with commentary and a bit of history.

I do like this fish.

Regards,

Bob

goodoo
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 11:47 AM
Nice cobalt. Or turq. I like this fish. Looks very round. Nice colour. Nice eyes. My favourite fish is a blue turq I have had for a year.

BobbyBruce
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the comments.

Have people had a look at the link to Dale Jordan's inventory and what do you think of the fish on show there? Can you really get wilds that look like those??

Regards,

Bob

m.ingram
Tue Feb 15, 2011, 02:39 AM
Hey Bob
I have seen alot of pictures of Dale jordans wilds he breeds some stunning discus .It would be good if someone could import his fish here i would have a tank or 2 full .

BobbyBruce
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 01:57 PM
Hi All,

Just thought I would post a recent picture of this fish. He has been shifted into my new tank and I was just updating records on my fish. I think this one shows him off fairly well. I didn't realise that I had cut off the extensions on the ventral fins. Not noticeable in the tank but there is some evidence in this shot that he is pretty serious competition with my brown male for the attentions of the blue turq female I have. Both tail and pectorals are showing some signs of damage.

Regards,

Bob