PDA

View Full Version : Brown Male for Critique please

BobbyBruce
Mon Feb 07, 2011, 02:28 PM
Hi all,

This is my favourite brown male.

Please identify "faults" in form, not just make comments.

Regards,

Bob

swampy1972
Sun Feb 13, 2011, 12:36 PM
It's a fine looking fish.. A few slight imperfections in the line of the forehead (albeit minor) but I believe it ahs the potential to develop into a good looking specimen.

The colouration within the dorsal and anal fin is very clean and uniform,with good depth of colour in the pelvic fins.

How old is it? It looks like a sub-adult (although I could be wrong) so I'd imagine a lot of development yet to come.. I look forward to seeing it with another 12mths growth under it's belt.

Well done ;)

BobbyBruce
Sun Feb 13, 2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks Swampy,

He is probably about 15 - 20 months old. He came as part of a shipment of six fish I got from Rod early last year. Four of the group paired up and started spawning within three weeks of arrival as a consequence I had to remove him to my planted tank which may have impacted on his growth.

To me he is not as round in the rear half of the body as I would like and the forehead and lower body angle back rather than "round" off.

The dorsal and anal fins are also not on the same vertical line.

He is my favourite though. I could do with a tank full of similarly coloured/patterned fish.

Regards,

Bob

ivo
Sun Feb 13, 2011, 01:53 PM
It is a nice overall brown discus. Rod has nice discus so you have got it from the right source.

scott bowler
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 10:51 AM
Im with ivo a nice all round fish