PDA

View Full Version : Werid fish or werid owner

Kaza
Sat Mar 12, 2005, 02:55 AM
Ok Story so far a few weeks ago I brought a pair of red turks and 2 golden snake skins (possibly both female) from Kev :lol:
The other day the 2 snakeskins paired up and laided eggs (ate them the next day) however last night I noticed one of them has paired up with the red turk male :? Now all three of them are cleaning the cone, there is a bit of pushing between the RT and one of the SS but all are busy cleaning.
Questions does this mean the ss are both females? looking at the breeding tubes the other snakeskin looks male, but I have been fooled before, its hard to tell unless they are actually laying eggs.
And what kind of babies would a GSS and RT produce? and has anyone ever heard of three somes working.
I have two females with one male but the females have their own tanks I just rotate him.
First I had the Lesbian fish, now a three some.

Merrilyn
Sat Mar 12, 2005, 09:08 AM
Kaza, you really do seem to get them, don't you :lol:

I've never heard of a threesome working, but look, stranger things have happened :roll:

Okay, being serious, I think they are all very young, and the best you can do is watch them so that you can identify the males and females. I let mine practice a few times in the main tank, before I isolate pairs. I know others do thing differently, but hey, whatever works, and this works for me.

All I can say Kaza, is yhou must be doing something REALLY right, for all these fish to want to spawn for you :wink:

leanne31
Sat Mar 12, 2005, 09:12 AM
And I think myself weird person if Karen your gonna spell weird like that must be that blonde thing happening :lol: :lol:

Leanne

Merrilyn
Sat Mar 12, 2005, 09:55 AM
LOL :lol:

Kaza
Sat Mar 12, 2005, 09:58 AM
Hey leanne ever heard of not biting the hand that feeds you baby discus.
OK Leanne came around today and I had to show her the WERID three some. Just so everyone would believe me.
I also removed a female from her babies today as her sides are looking sore and put her back in the main tank and guess what straight away she paired up with the suppose to be female red turk. I cant beleive it they are cleaning a piece of glass.

I know why this is happening because I am so busy with uni that I Didnt want anyone to breed for a few weeks. They are just doing it to **** me off.

Kaza
Sat Mar 12, 2005, 09:59 AM
Before you ask Leanne Yes you can have some babies.

leanne31
Sat Mar 12, 2005, 10:06 AM
hey what are sisters for :lol: and you make sure you continue to feed those babies so they get nice and big a fat so they can come and live with me :wink:

Leanne

weird
Sat Mar 12, 2005, 12:02 PM
Funny post, Opps on the spelling. I think I deserve some of the babies now ;)

leanne31
Sat Mar 12, 2005, 12:20 PM
I'll have to agree with you there dave, and to think that she goes to uni and cant even spell that :lol:

kalebjarrod
Sat Mar 12, 2005, 09:48 PM
I just want some video footage of the threesome to add to my collection

hang on i mean for uhhh some uhhhh scientific study purpose's

yeah that its study purpose's :wink:

Kaza
Sat Mar 12, 2005, 10:19 PM
Hey I cant help the spelling its all the WERID hormones going around, fish changing sex, lesbians, threesomes! What do you expect?

goldenpigeon
Sat Mar 12, 2005, 10:37 PM
hi all :D ,
:roll: all this is happening in my display tank. :roll:

ive got a pair/ threesom at the moment. i have a definete male and female of about 11cm in size which paired off only 3 weeks ago. in the same tank i have a little pigeon which i think is a female and it measures 7cm and is near the bottom of the picking order.

just recently this little pigeon started getting VERY territorial and hanging around the pair but only stayed at the spawning end of the tank (where the ORIGIONAL pair lays) always ongard. the pair were alowed to come and go as they please but noone else and when they were at the spawning end the pigeon and them hung out togeather very closely. :roll: the female doesnt really like the little pigeon very much and will sometimes attack it. the pigeon will just give her a GOOD dose back and then it would be settled. however the male doesnt care about the pigeon.

i think they are a threesom but the little pigeon is not sexually mature yet.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
David