PDA

View Full Version : 8 foot 1000l setup

axelfaz
Fri Mar 11, 2005, 12:31 AM
Hello all :D .just wondering if any one has setup a large like this and how they went about it .the course of action at the moment is to filter this tank with a sump tank with a return pump of 3000lph and two 300w heaters in the res.. filter media is bio balls and foam.substrate in the tank will be sand. If anyone has any ideas I would love to here them thank u.

Cameron

Merrilyn
Fri Mar 11, 2005, 07:40 AM
Hi Cameron, yes I have an 8 foot discus tank running at the moment in my fishroom. I have four huge cannister filters on there and that seems to take care of all the waste thirty discus can produce.

Have you had yours delivered yet? It took 6 men to carry mine into the house. LOL

Dave76
Fri Mar 11, 2005, 08:22 AM
Hi Cameron

I'm running an 8x2x2 with a sump. I found putting the heaters in ther sump resulted in a fair bit of temp diff in the tank so I put 3 300w in the tank along the back wall. Once the plants get established you won't even know they are there.

That 3000lph - is that the max for the filter or is that catering for the return length & head as you may want something a bit bigger IMO.

Hope all goes well.

Regards

Dave