PDA

View Full Version : Blue Angel Male & Black Velvet Female

Red Tail Shark
Wed Dec 15, 2010, 07:33 AM
will these throw good fry ,matzilla you seem to know what your talking about what you think :lol: :idea:

Mr Wild
Wed Dec 15, 2010, 12:15 PM
ILLUSN is the genetics man.

Mattzilla
Thu Dec 16, 2010, 09:36 PM
i hope they do mate hahahahah

yeah ILLUSN is the guy to speak to

ILLUSN
Fri Dec 17, 2010, 12:27 AM
LOL you think he hadn't spoken to me already:)

Black is dominant, blue recessive. however black express blue traits (you see this in this particular girl and ALL her black fry they have irridesent blue cheeks), all fry should be black assuming the black is homomzygous for the black gene (I bet she isn't it isn't).

basicly 50% of the fry will be black 50% will be what ever the other half of her genetic makeup is (silver golden platnium i have no idea).

I'd expect all the non black fry to have a very nice green/blue sheen to them (i.e like my silver that i used to breed, how are they going Kath?).

The black fry will have a nice blue sheen when the light catches them and stronger blue facial markings, remember black X platinum = black fry, in breeding these blacks = some platnims with blue tint to theirsheen and some wildtype looking fry with a blue sheen.

Matt, this pair is your original Male with the retarded pecctrol fins that spawned your first batch of blues, and Cal's original black velvet female, gona be VERY nice fry.

Mr Wild
Fri Dec 17, 2010, 12:01 PM
I'd expect all the non black fry to have a very nice green/blue sheen to them (i.e like my silver that i used to breed, how are they going Kath?).

Nice and healthy! They have given me about 1000 fry gone a bit slack lately will have to get the whip out to them! LOL

Mattzilla
Sat Dec 18, 2010, 07:13 AM
very well summed up Jothy

actuall i gave a mate a breeding pair... a black from Cal and one of my original blue females... they are spawning for him but he doesn't know what he's doing so i might grab them back and snatch a spawn or two out of them

since when does Cal post stuff on here (that isn't paying me out)???

Red Tail Shark
Sun Dec 19, 2010, 09:05 AM
you catch on quick matt :lol: :wave1

fry will be all free swiming tomorrow was a great spawn if i say so myself ,lol