PDA

View Full Version : Loss in colour

leanne31
Wed Mar 09, 2005, 02:28 AM
Ive got a red melon at the moment thats lost most of it red its also off its food although I have managed in the last day to get it to eat small amounts of black worm does anyone know what might of caused it. It came out the same tank that my little red turk that died from HITH came from but I dont think it has got hex. I have dosed for the last five days with metro though just in case. Also theres been a lot of trouble with ammo in the tank it came from.

Leanne

funkyfish
Wed Mar 09, 2005, 03:25 AM
some times it can take a few days for there apitite to come back after a hex treatment give it time and lots of clean water raise the temp to 88 high temps seem to make them hungry
good luck

leanne31
Thu Mar 10, 2005, 12:21 PM
I'm starting to think this fish didnt have hex as I was just doing a wc and noticed it has a small brown circle looks like a lump down the bottom of it sort of near its bum. I looked on my red melon in the other tank and it doesnt have the same thing is this normal or maybe a blockage :?: Also the other day it did a weird poo very small and sort of like a bubble if you know what I mean and ideas :?:

Leanne

Merrilyn
Thu Mar 10, 2005, 02:14 PM
No that lump is not normal. Could be a blockage, or a growth of some kind. Don't do anything just yet. Watch it for a few days, and see if there is any change.

leanne31
Thu Mar 10, 2005, 10:50 PM
Last night I did a wc and added 2 tbs per 40ltrs and 1 tbs of normal salt watch them for a hour to see if they could handle it and checked this morning. On the bottom of the tank there were quite a few white thread like worm things but the only thing is Karen says she wormed them about a month ago twice. Shes going to bring some worm stuff over today I'll do another wc and add that I dont think it was poo as it wasnt jelly like it just looked different.

Leanne