PDA

View Full Version : Red turquoise for sale

sunshinediscus
Tue Mar 08, 2005, 12:34 PM
$15 each, 5cm. About 8 weeks old. They are red diamond x red turquoise f2.

Phone me on 3890 3108 or 0405 253 533
or lewisdiscus@optusnet.com.au

1st photo is the fry
2nd photo is the father in fry rearing color
3rd photo is a female in normal colors

Rod

pitchblack
Wed Mar 09, 2005, 02:05 AM
nice looking fish!!! How much for shipment to melb????
How do i go about it

Mattzilla
Wed Mar 09, 2005, 06:14 AM
stunning turqs mate!!!

as allways that is

sunshinediscus
Wed Mar 09, 2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the compliment Pitchblack and Matt:)

Freight to Melbourne airport and most other destinations is $55 via Virgin Blue. Normally the fish will be in transit for around 6 hours, so i bag the discus individually in double bags and use pure oxygen to ensure they will easily last the journey. Live delivery is guaranteed. To place an order or for more information send me an email or call me at the above phone numbers. After you place an order let me know what day suits you best and i'll do the arrangements from there. I will contact you after the discus are delivered to Virgin blue with the consignment details and expected arrival times. When the discus are picked up you may need some identification to verify you are the consignee, other than that it is pretty straight forward.

Regards

Rod

Phil.185
Wed Mar 09, 2005, 12:11 PM
Where are you located? those fry look awsome! in my price range too :)

weird
Wed Mar 09, 2005, 12:25 PM
Great fish Rod. The shape of the adult is truly envious. It is nice seeing babies like that ... I am abit more confident my Red Marlboros will color up now.

sunshinediscus
Wed Mar 09, 2005, 09:30 PM
Hi Phil, I'm located in Brisbane.

Hi Dave, glad you liked the discus. Sometimes it is frustrating to see some imported fish with so much color at a small size and not having it with our own fry. But at least we know nothing dangerous like hormones or chemicals have been used to color the fish, the color will come and overall a better discus is the result when they are fed naturally. The guy i buy some of my discus from in Singapore uses a little astaxanthin mixed in the beef heart, this is a natural product high in red pigment and really helps young red types especially. Unfortunetly it is still not allowed in this country but a good mate of mine is going through the certification stage right now and pretty soon should be available so we can compete with the imported red discus on there level. Aussie discus rule!! LOL.

Phil.185
Wed Mar 09, 2005, 09:40 PM
How much would courier to sydney be? for say 2 of the sml disus? thanks :)

sunshinediscus
Wed Mar 09, 2005, 10:56 PM
Phil, not sure mate. I've tried to negotiate deals with courier services before and when i mention live fish they drop me like a hot potato. Sorry mate.

I have sent fish to Sydney by bus before, its about a 24 hour trip though but the fish last the journey ok. I'd prefer to wait until it cools off a bit though, the compartment where they store the baggage in a bus is not climate controlled and may get too hot.

Mattzilla
Wed Mar 09, 2005, 10:59 PM
rod.....
i have some and can get more pure astaxanthin powder if you want some. i have been adding it ot my beef heart mix for about the last year with great results. my red fish have really bright red colours and it even brightens up other coloured fish.

pm me if you want me to get you some

sunshinediscus
Thu Mar 10, 2005, 08:12 PM
Hi Matt,

I sent you a message regarding the astaxanthin powder.

Thanks mate.