PDA

View Full Version : My First 2 discus fish

Phil.185
Mon Mar 07, 2005, 11:15 AM
Hey all.
Here is a picture of my first 2 discus fish :)
They are a lovely lemon yellow with black fins, the colour dosent show up very well in the picture but they are very nice with dark black fins. Does anyone know what this colour is called?
Cheers Phil.

Merrilyn
Mon Mar 07, 2005, 11:28 AM
Hi Phil, nice to see you here. Welcome to the forum. I think you have golden pigeon blood discus (no doubt someone will have another name, but hey, I think I'm right this time)

They are cuties Phil. How big is that tank. Looks like you are going planted. Nice, but lots of work. They make a bigger mess than bettas :lol:

Phil.185
Mon Mar 07, 2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks Merrilyn, i have them in a tank i think is a tad to small so am saving to buy a 4ft. Just a few plants, gravel and a large flat rock for hiding, i felt they were exposed with only gravel and i added a backing aswell so i hope they are happy soon. As i said, the whiteness on the body is really yellow :)

goldenpigeon
Mon Mar 07, 2005, 08:55 PM
hi welcome to the forum Phil.185 :D yer i definently recon its a pigeon or a golden pigeon. i personally have 2 golden pigeons which are getting on to be adults and have very nice bluics-white lines and patches on then like a white butterfly. by the sounds of it youre may turn out quite nice if they are as yellow as you say they are. :D

David

Phil.185
Mon Mar 07, 2005, 11:15 PM
Thanks goldenpigeon, the flash seems to wash out most of their colour for some reason, with out the flash my pics are blurry so i cant win lol.

goldenpigeon
Tue Mar 08, 2005, 07:57 AM
u get that sometimes.lol

David

Ben
Tue Mar 08, 2005, 12:45 PM
i have a couple of those guys too!
i like to call them peppered pidgeon bloods!
cheers,
Ben

weird
Tue Mar 08, 2005, 12:51 PM
I have two pigeon bloods ... lovely couple.

Welcome to the forum.

You can get cheap tanks and stands from Transaquarium, with is in Canely Vale.

For high quality tanks, I recommend one of our sponsers xtreme aquariums.

Phil.185
Wed Mar 09, 2005, 12:07 PM
thanks everyone. My fish have picked up their confidence since i added a background, a large flat rock for them to hide behind and fixed up the pH to make it more acidic (was pretty alkaline).

Now they actually swim *How exciting* lol!

I took another picture, a little bit clearer :) but they seem to have the right pose when the camera is off!

Merrilyn
Wed Mar 09, 2005, 01:31 PM
That shows off their gold colouring much better Phil. Good looking tank too.

goldenpigeon
Wed Mar 09, 2005, 11:06 PM
VERY NICE i like them well done! they will turn out great!

David

lambo
Sun Mar 13, 2005, 03:08 AM
naughty phil didn't tell me he got discus :)

there lookin' good :wink:

Phil.185
Sun Mar 13, 2005, 10:57 AM
Yes... sorry lambo LOL,