PDA

View Full Version : bactirial infection

funkyfish
Wed Mar 02, 2005, 07:06 PM
I have a fish that i thought had bloat i have been treating it for 2 days now with 2 teaspoons per 10gal of epson salt has not improved
i am thinking it is a internal infection
can it spread to my other fish ?
do i need to treat just that fish or the whole tank?
the rest of the fish in the tank seem fine exept that one

Merrilyn
Wed Mar 02, 2005, 08:58 PM
Funky, is it showing any other signs that may lead you to think that it has a bacterial infection. Now this is just a hunch, but I think that little fish has worms. He doesn't look as well grown as he should, and he is very rounded in the tummy area.

Is he eating normally and is his waste a normal colour, or does it appear white and jelly like. Has he suddenly started to look like this, or has it been going on for a while.

funkyfish
Thu Mar 03, 2005, 02:01 AM
well it's been going on now for 4 day not eating
i had it in qt for 5 weeks and was fine and it was eating fine when i move it to my big tankand all of a sudden this happens . it still swims with the rest and even comes to the top of the tank at feeding time but just won't eat it will go to the bottom and lean to one side some times. it does not poo or i have not seen it. i wish it would poo then i can tell what is wrong
i have never had a problem with worms if it has worms do i need to deworm the whole tank? were i got it from all they feed there fish is blackworms and a little beef heart once a week is there any other way to tell if it has worm besides the poo?
thanks ladyred

ps it is almost 4 inch's from nose to base of tall i measured it when i got it
that pic don't do it any justice

Merrilyn
Thu Mar 03, 2005, 02:23 AM
Thanks for the info Funky. Four inches, well that explains the size of the eye. So hard to tell with a picture.

Well, there's definately something wrong, so I would take him out of the big tank, and put him back in quarantine. Treat him for worms first, and then if there is no improvement, we might have to think about a bacterial infection. HTH

skoom
Thu Mar 03, 2005, 11:41 AM
prazi for worms right?

Merrilyn
Thu Mar 03, 2005, 11:48 AM
Right on.

funkyfish
Thu Mar 03, 2005, 08:15 PM
thanks ladyred i will give it a go

Merrilyn
Thu Mar 10, 2005, 02:13 AM
Funky, how's your fish going. Did the worming produce any results, or does he still have a bloated look.