PDA

View Full Version : I guess I am doing something right...

Ghoti
Wed Sep 15, 2010, 03:10 PM
My pair of Angels spawned amongst my large Anubias a couple of weeks ago, but the eggs were gone within the sapce of the evening.

The wife and I agreed if there was a next time we'd have to watch more closely.

Well - there has been a next time! We watched intently for the eggs to disappear. Mum and Dad ferociously guarded almost 1/2 of the 6 foot tank. . .kinda amusing to see 8 discus and a menagerie of other fish being held at bay by the angels.

Then, overnight the eggs disappeared, but Mum and Dad were still on the job. It seemed a little strange after the eggs had gone for days that Mum and Dad behaved the way they did. Then tonight when I got home form work what do I see??? Free swimming fry (and Mumand Dad now dominating 75% of the tank).

They seemed to be doing a good job, but the rainbowfish almost seemed to be smacking their lips so I transferred the fry to a 30L tank (water taken from the 6 footer), fed some frozen BBS and staeted up a DIY hatchery.

Will be fantastic to watch. First the krebensis, now the Angels. WOW

8-)

Merrilyn
Wed Sep 15, 2010, 06:10 PM
Angels are a lot of fun to raise. I love to see them sprouting their "wings" as they grow. Lots of good food and daily waterchanges are the secrets to raising angelfish fry.

Good Luck, and can't wait to see some photos :P

swampy1972
Wed Sep 15, 2010, 09:43 PM
Hey Ghoti,

Great news mate!! They're obviously happy in their.. I guess now like any proud new parent, you owe us photos! :lol:

Mr Wild
Wed Sep 15, 2010, 10:40 PM
Oh well done and ENJOY. I have watched mine over these months and I am excited every time I see new fry ANYWHERE! Like a kid in a candy shop and it sounds like your the same.

ENJOY!!!!!!!

Ghoti
Wed Sep 15, 2010, 10:50 PM
Thanks folks.

I don't have one of those fancy digital SLR's with a macro lens, so for now the photos will have to wait until the youngestrs have grown a little. :D

Mickey C
Wed Sep 15, 2010, 11:34 PM
Maybe this could be a reason to buy one :lol:

I hope it all goes well for you!