PDA

View Full Version : drugs and my plants

buddlefish
Tue Mar 01, 2005, 12:43 PM
hi,can any one please let me no if treating with Flagyl Metronidazole will kill my plant.Ihave a great set up and my plants are supur healthy..thanks

leanne31
Tue Mar 01, 2005, 01:19 PM
When I was treating with metro I ended up taking out my plants as the leaves went brown and started shriveling up. Not sure if it was from the metro or the higher temp you have to have tank on to treat.
Leanne

rtraher
Thu Mar 03, 2005, 09:11 PM
I personally do not know about the tablet form of flagyl, but according to my fish vet it should not effect your plants. Flagyl 'S' (the liquid suspension) definitely will kill some species of plants (contrary to what my vet told me - I found out the hard way). I used the liquid and it killed all my hair grass, java moss and ambulia. All my large leaf plants (swords) were fine. They got coated in a thick slimy mucus and was very difficult to get off the plants. I will not use the liquid Flagyl again.

Russel

Merrilyn
Fri Mar 04, 2005, 10:32 AM
Hi Russel, welcome to the forum, and thanks for that feedback.

rtraher
Fri Mar 04, 2005, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome Merrilyn. I've been lurking (actually drooling over some of the fish people have) on here for awhile and don't get time to comment usually.

Russel