PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Discus breeders/supplier in Sydney

rick81
Thu Jul 22, 2010, 10:37 PM
Hi,

Are there any Discus breeders in the Sydney area?
Interested in quantity purchases are the right price.

Rick

swampy1972
Fri Jul 23, 2010, 12:36 AM
Go to Sydney Discus World at Homebush or JMS at Carlingford. I've purchased at both and have been happy with the fish/prices.

Do a search through the forum because a thread was started a while ago that listed everyones' preferred places around greater Sydney.

Don't forget to keep an eye on Petlink as well. You see the occassional bargain there.

Good luck ;)

rick81
Fri Jul 23, 2010, 12:53 AM
Yeah been to both, at JMS the prices were a little better.
Was after quantity and wholesale prices.

thanks Swampy.

swampy1972
Wed Aug 25, 2010, 10:18 AM
I recently came across Abyss Aquarium at Campbelltown. Not a large number of Discus but the ones I saw there were reasonably priced and of good quality.
They also make aquariums on site at good prices.
Worth a look..

boxters
Wed Aug 25, 2010, 10:29 AM
We are one of the largest importers of discus in Australia. Have a look at our web site. We will not be beaten on price.

www.marlonsdiscus.com.au

goodoo
Wed Aug 25, 2010, 11:57 AM
No disrespect, but I would not recommend going to Sydney Discus World. i personally bought two fish off them, both ridiculously overpriced (you can get them cheaper flown in from brisbane!) and both riddled with illness and disease (which i didn't initially realise because, at that point, i was relatively inexperienced). Lost one, saved the other (by some miracle, but mostly due to the help of people on these forums)- would never go back there again. when i was there i did not see ONE quality discus out of at least a hundred, I only bought fish off him because i'd driven all the way from canberra and was so keen to buy more discus that i made a rash decision.

boxters
Wed Aug 25, 2010, 12:31 PM
I agree. I went to Sydney discus world once. I have never seen such poor quality fish. The owner even told me he knew they were crap but his customers don't know ant better. What a joke. Stay away from that place

goodoo
Thu Aug 26, 2010, 01:12 AM
Hey boxters i wish i knew about you six months ago. I have since found a nice wholesaler. Rod at simply discus gets in some nice fish. When I upgrade to a bigger tank I will have to get some fish of you I like the look of your turqouise,s .

pignoselover
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 05:31 AM
hi guys , i also agree that discus world is very over price and there staff do not no what they are talking about and goodoo were can i get a contact for that wholesaler that you found

boxters
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 07:07 AM
We are a wholesaler in sydney

SLS
Sun Apr 10, 2011, 11:25 PM
The only people who have actual Quarantine Facilities are JMS Aquarium and Go Fish Aquarium.

Thanks Bob for clarifying these facts.

In addition, SLS also has their own quarantine facility and fish in my store are exclusive to SLS from selected breeders in Sth East Asia.

I used to breed discus and supply stores over a decade ago, and SLS has been importing Discus for the past 8yrs+.

Drop in and have a chat with us anytime.

Kind regards,
George

Proteus
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 02:43 AM
Select posts have been removed from this thread

Enough of the stirring and false claims

As per what George has said, SLS also has it's own approved QT facility, so that throws out the claim that there are only 2 QT facilities

If there isn't anything positive to say, don't say anything at all

I have better things to do with my day other than cleaning up posts that are only made to cause trouble

If a retailer/wholesaler is not up to scratch, word gets out pretty quickly, and we would rather deal with fact, not heresay

Exotic Aquatic
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 03:05 AM
Exotic Aquatic are the proud EXCLUSIVE importers and distributors of Lucky Tropical discus from Penang Malaysia (home of the Penang Eruption).

We import our fish directly and solely through our own Aqis approved import and quarantine facility here in Melbourne.

My business partner Ravi has been importing fish from germany and asia for many years, and is well known in the industry for his quality control, knowledge base, and kind demeanor.

We work very hard to ensure only the best stock possible ever makes it to sales!

Regards,
Adrian.
co-director EA

Proteus
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 03:08 AM
This thread is now locked

As requested, importers etc from SYDNEY (and elsewhere) have identified themselves