PDA

View Full Version : BLACK BRUSH ALGAE

luckylugs
Fri Jul 02, 2010, 05:54 AM
Have been trying to beat BBA. for months now. Tried everything I could find. Just read on the net of people using ( chemi-clean ) in a freshwater tank with good results, and no fish damage. Has anyone had any experence on this product in fresh water. The item claimed to have been in touch with the makers,Boyd and they claim it will work. Your thoughts.

goodoo
Mon Jul 05, 2010, 06:18 AM
through a bristlenose in there ? Dont know if they eat that stuff

swampy1972
Mon Jul 05, 2010, 08:05 AM
through a bristlenose in there ? Dont know if they eat that stuff

SAEs (Siamese Algae Eaters) will solve the issue - they've done it for my tank.

They don't poop bucket loads like BN and they're an active fish that is happy to be seen so they add to the appearance of your tank.

Just be certain to get true SAEs, some LFS 'mistakenly' sell flying foxes as SAE and they're not nearly as good for algae control.

Best of luck ;)

luckylugs
Thu Jul 08, 2010, 03:09 AM
How many SAE,s for a 300 ltr. tank.

m.ingram
Thu Jul 08, 2010, 08:00 AM
Seachems florish exel best stuff ever for bba . It cleaned the bba out of my tank in about a month .

swampy1972
Thu Jul 08, 2010, 09:02 AM
How many SAE,s for a 300 ltr. tank.

I have 2 in a 2ft cube, 216lt, and you could see a difference in a day or 2. You could get more if you have a really big algae problem, but I think 2 would be a good start.

Once they remove it they keep it down without the expense of additives, and no further input from you.

Tommo
Fri Jul 30, 2010, 11:01 AM
Swampy , i will 100% agree that TRUE SAE's will fix most of your algae problems on plants and substrate :)

I bought 5 of them 2 weeks ago, and mate they have made a huge difference in my staghorn a bba !
But also in saying this , i have also increased the flow rate of my tank :)