PDA

View Full Version : fungus

aplfarmer
Sat Feb 26, 2005, 03:21 PM
Good morning, Tuesday I brought home 4 new discus...3@2", 1@3.5". I put them in the 10 gal qt and in 24 hours were showing fungus symptons. I bought a product called Fungus Clear...turns water blueish. The label says one tablet/10 gallons which I did also no carbon which I removed from the outside filter. The label also says to treat for 4 days at which time if needed, 25% water change and retreat. After just 2 days my water is rather cloudy and doesn't look very pleasant to live in. Do you think I should change water now? The small ones still aren't eating and are looking quite piteful. Temp is 86, ph of 7.3.

Thanks,
Roger

Merrilyn
Sat Feb 26, 2005, 03:48 PM
Hi Roger, was the tank cycled before you put the discus in there, or is it a brand new tank and filter.

Are you sure it's fungus that your fish are suffering from. Could you send us a pic.

If the water is looking cloudy, do a 25% daily water change and see if that makes them more comfortable.

aplfarmer
Sat Feb 26, 2005, 04:20 PM
Thanks ladyred for getting back to me so quickly. I'm pretty sure the tank was cycled...I had been keeping 3 other fish in the tank with that intention in mind. They'd been in there for about 4 weeks. As far as symptons are concerned...white splatches on fins and body...mostly circular but some are irregular in shape. Sorry my camera was stolen and I just haven't replaced it yet so no pics.

Thanks again,
Roger