PDA

View Full Version : Critique on a Pair please, one shot only

BobbyBruce
Thu May 27, 2010, 10:25 AM
Hi,

This is a pair of blue turqs I currently have in the q tank.

They have paired and spawned once so far (probably in the act again now). They were preparing their previously favoured spawn site again this evening directly after I completed a water change.

Please let me know what you think regarding shape and colour. I would have preferred them to be somewhat larger before they paired and started spawning.

Regards,

Bob

swampy1972
Sat May 29, 2010, 11:13 AM
I'd certainly have them.. ;)

But in all seriousness. From my limited experience, from the pic I can make out some slight bumps along the nape of both fish, so not quite uniformly radiused. I don't have enough experience to know whether this is genetic or a result of their upbringing. Maybe one for the more experienced members. :?
The colouration on the larger appears a bit uneven and washed out although that could be a trick of the camera flash, though the smaller one looks good.
Both have good solid red eyes and don't appear stunted at all.
I think you should have some excellent results breeding with these.

Again, if you're unhappy with them I guess I can help you out and take them off your hands :D

Best of luck with them.

BobbyBruce
Sat May 29, 2010, 02:04 PM
Hi Swampy,

Thanks for your comments. In regards to the colour on the larger one it is certainly not as good as the colour on the smaller one but not as bad as it appears in the pic. I think they are fairly happy where they are and I don't think I would like to upset them with a move. Rod may be able to help you with some similar.

They have spawned again and it seems that they will be good parents, they are taking on some refugees I have in the tank.

See my new post in Breeding Basics, New Pair in Quarantine.

Regards,

Bob

swampy1972
Sat May 29, 2010, 02:18 PM
I think they are fairly happy where they are and I don't think I would like to upset them with a move. Rod may be able to help you with some similar.

Hi Bob,

Great news about the spawn, bad news about them being happy at your place :lol:

I saw your other thread, very nice brown.

I have Rod's link saved for future reference :wink: I have a new setup planned for later in the year that's bound to need to have some of his fish in it.. :)

Good luck with the fry.