PDA

View Full Version : any other discus tankmates?

goldenpigeon
Fri Feb 25, 2005, 11:23 AM
i am having a bit of trouble with finding new tankmates for my discus community tank. i currently have bristlenoses, rummy nose, rams, hocky sticks, whip tails, cory's, phantoms, and maybe a couple more that i have forgoten about.

this may sound like allot but i have a 6ft by 2ft by 2ft and only have a few of each species.

i am very interested in rare fish that go with discus if any1 knows any good ones. :D

thx

David 8-)

Merrilyn
Fri Feb 25, 2005, 12:08 PM
Hi David, and welcome to the forum. Browse thru some of the post here from Kevkoi at SLS. He often has rare and unusual discus tankmates.

kevkoi
Fri Feb 25, 2005, 12:31 PM
Errrm, rare eh?

How bout a Potamotrygon reticulatus with your discus...
http://www.amazon-exotic-import.de/Gallerie/Rochen/Seiten/Potamotrygon%20reticulatus.htm

Both dinner plates... just one lies on the ground, the other swims around. :lol:

How 'bout some nice corydoras or some rare pleco type catfish?

:wink: How rare and exotic do you want to get?

kev

goldenpigeon
Fri Feb 25, 2005, 12:40 PM
i just want sumthin thats different for a change but i dont want to be spendin more that a couple o hundred $$$ lol. weekly pocket money only goes so far if u know what i mean.

usually if i find sumthin nice that i like and that is not rediculously priced i will work sumthin out with my mum an dad.

i dont think those rays in tha link r for me just yet
thnx

David

kevkoi
Fri Feb 25, 2005, 12:49 PM
What about some Botia sidthimunki (Dwarf chain loach?) :wink:

http://www.loaches.com/species_pages/botia_sidthimunki.html

They're Rare... as u can see on that link *Red list and all*, but well priced. :wink: PM

goldenpigeon
Fri Feb 25, 2005, 01:01 PM
they look great. do u know any1 who has them? and the price?

David

Jonesy
Sun Mar 06, 2005, 08:43 AM
kev has them and thay are 40$each i think

Merrilyn
Sun Mar 06, 2005, 12:17 PM
Send Kev a PM via this forum, and he will tell you what fish they have in stock at SLS Aquarium. They can ship fish to all over Australia without any problems.

goldenpigeon
Mon Mar 07, 2005, 08:27 AM
ok i might do that

David