PDA

View Full Version : some of my discus

Saturn
Wed Feb 23, 2005, 07:20 PM
hello all i am new and thought I would share some pics. I was told that the larger one is a chocolate red? but i am not sure. and i need help with the other one. so please help me identify this little guy thanks in advance

Merrilyn
Wed Feb 23, 2005, 07:43 PM
Hi Saturn, beautiful background you have in that tank. I was going to say the little guy looks like a marlboro red, then I noticed the bars, so he can't be that. Think we might get our resident expert to cast an eye over that one. "Kev, where are you"

Saturn
Wed Feb 23, 2005, 07:48 PM
Thanks ladyred, the little one has more of an orange color but it is hard to see in those horrible pics. If i only owned my own camera i could wait until better pics could be taken. I appreciate the help

DiscusD
Thu Feb 24, 2005, 04:00 AM
[quote="ladyred"]I was going to say the little guy looks like a marlboro red, then I noticed the bars, so he can't be that.quote]

Wait...marlboros don't have any bars? I thought they could and did due to their pigeon blood?

kevkoi
Fri Feb 25, 2005, 12:31 AM
Well, good quality pigeon bloods are suppose to have orange bars and they should not be evident on the fish.... However, it's a quality issue.

looks to me like a pigeon discus of some sort.

Saturn
Sat Feb 26, 2005, 11:25 AM
thank you all, i will try to get better pictures of them later. As for the so called chocolate red is that the correct name?

Merrilyn
Sat Feb 26, 2005, 12:13 PM
Well this one sent me off to the reference books again. I am going to refer to Dr. Eduard Schmidt-Focke who calls this the Brown Discus.

Brown discus were all we could get thirty years ago when I started with discus, and this little guy sure looks like the first discus I had.

Saturn
Sat Feb 26, 2005, 06:27 PM
Thank You Ladyred. I havent seen any other photos of the brown one so I was unable to verify the name.