PDA

View Full Version : PMDD

Dave76
Wed Feb 23, 2005, 06:45 AM
Hi all

I'm due for another lot of liquid ferts shortly and in an effort to save some $$ look looking at mixing up my own.

Anyone mixing up their own PMDD and if so what brand of products do you use ?

Regards

Dave

mtchye
Wed Feb 23, 2005, 07:37 AM
Hey Dave,

I'm a little lazy now with it all but I used to use the Manutec range of chelated iron, trace elements, any ol potassium sulfate you can find as sulfate of potash, magnesium sulfate etc all should be easy enough to find in the garden section of bunnings, bigW etc

kalebjarrod
Wed Feb 23, 2005, 08:21 AM
PMDD its what we call a simple N:P:K ratio

i have never used it but i do the same thing at work all day every day

whats do you need for your version of the PMDD?

dcarmau
Mon Jun 26, 2006, 02:47 AM
What's a good "recipe" for ferts? 300L Planted Discus Tank, CO2 injection, currently crappy lighting, but getting there on that.

kalebjarrod
Mon Jun 26, 2006, 08:19 PM
i use on but buggered if i can find it :oops:

i will have to look in the office tonight

fishgeek
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 08:53 PM
i have recentyly brought a box of chempak trace elements from the nursery
this contains no nitrogen or phosphate and is doing wonders for the plants
i just chuck in a pinch when i think about it(once or twice a week in 200litres)
plants are going very well with this regime

box contains boron, copper,iron,magnesium,manganese,molybdenum,zinc

i'm sure there is omething similar available in nursery store in australia

the other thing i was hoping to try are fertiliser tablets, i think i read about them on the krib, when searching pmdd
they are supposed to be for pond plants? if memeory serves and seemed to be very useful in the substrate of an aquarium according to the article

i have messed with pmdd
solubilising it often makes it less stable and just sparingly using the dry ingredients is my prefered option
i dont use potaium or phosphates as my water is already very high in these

andrew

anti-generic
Thu Jun 29, 2006, 01:51 AM
If you wanna save a bit of $$.
Try going to a hydroponics store and get Potassium nitrate power, potassium sulphate power and trace elements.
but if you are looking at mixing your own, it really depends on how concentrated you want it tobe. I got a 6x2x2 and inorder to mix a batch that lasts more than a month i get solubility probelms. So now i just mix 1 teaspoon of each a day.

but if you want to serious about it you also need potassium phosphate, magnesium sulphate and other bits and peices.

to make my job easier, i use seachem Equilibium, trace, trace non-iron and trace phosphates. Along with potassium nitrate power and potassium phosphate powder.

cheers,
Eric