PDA

View Full Version : my 2 new discus.. what strain are hey???

kinezo
Tue Feb 22, 2005, 07:20 AM
hey all....
what strain do u think these are...

i just got these 2 cuties.. i named them PYRO and ICE...
ice got more blue, pyro more red color hehe
reason also hope opposites attract...

hope u like them.. also heap me with the camera.. i have black color background cant seem to get good pics of them.. these are the best i could do..
i have 3.2 mega pic digital camera nikkon... help
also some other fighting fish i have

have fun.. hope pics come out first time done this very new to DF
cheers
kinezo

kinezo
Tue Feb 22, 2005, 07:26 AM
sorry didnt know i could only post 3 pics at a time.. will get some more pics soon.. will have a new pic of my favourite most treasured fish i have atm.. maybe some will drool maybe some will turn a blind eyes i'll get some more pics soon
also i like the 3rd pic best.. best one i've ever taken of the lil fellas...

cheers hope u like
kinezo

leanne31
Tue Feb 22, 2005, 07:28 AM
Hi Kinezo going by the bottom picture which is a bit clearer in my opinion I would say the one on the left is a red turk and the one on the right a blue turk as they look similar to mine Leanne

kalebjarrod
Tue Feb 22, 2005, 07:55 AM
Recon you may have a red and a blue turq, well done

heres some little photo tricks i know of (mind you i can't take the best photos either)

take the pics at night

don't use your flash, and if you do face the camera at an angle to the tank or use a strong source of light from the side or even into the top of the tank

if you can slow the speed down so you allow more light in and don't have to use your flash

be really patient, get a pic when they a motionless, this can take hours

flukes
Tue Feb 22, 2005, 08:24 AM
Yeah sure are turqs, cant go wrong with turqs still some of the nicest fish even with all the latest strains coming out.!

Merrilyn
Tue Feb 22, 2005, 08:35 AM
Hi Kinezo. I agree with Leanne. They both look like turquoise to me, red and blue. BTW you can post more than three photos, but you need to begin a new post for each lot of three.