PDA

View Full Version : My New Ama-Zone

BobbyBruce
Sun Jan 03, 2010, 12:24 PM
Hi All,

I managed to put everything together on New Years Eve (which wasn't a good option as we had other things planned for the evening) :oops:.

I started building the stand late November as I was expecting the new 4x2x2 early December (finally arrived December 27th and I had to go to the transport depot).

Finished off the plumbing and connections as far as possible on the 30th and with the assistance of wonderful daughter moved everything to final position on 31st.

The following pics were taken during the construction of the stand.

BobbyBruce
Sun Jan 03, 2010, 12:45 PM
Late New Years Eve,

The aquarium is on top of the stand, full of water, fish on the inside and enjoying life a little more than they were in the 60 ltr containers all day waiting for us to reach this point.

I am running two filters at the moment, Eheim 2226 which was working on the standard 4' which has been running for the last six years in various modes. The second filter is a new Eheim 2028 which I was very lucky to pick up for $500 with a second media set. It has been ordered by another hobbyist who suddenly had to leave town and it had never been out of the box.

I also have a Laguna 2000 UV steriliser. This is positioned in front of the 2028 as I feel this will reduce the load on the motor, gravity doing all the work on the way down rather than putting the brakes on on the way up.

BobbyBruce
Sun Jan 03, 2010, 01:01 PM
Pics of the ends and the front.

Still some fiddling to do with some of the plants on the right and the woodwork on the left.

Regards,

Bob

TW
Sun Jan 03, 2010, 01:48 PM
Very nice. A new tank is a great way to start the new year !

BobbyBruce
Mon Jan 04, 2010, 09:29 AM
Thanks TW,

The fish really look as if they are at home in the new setup already. Admittedely most of the stuff in the new one was in the old one.

How are things going with your latest aquisitions? Have they actually arrived yet?

Regards,

Bob

TW
Mon Jan 04, 2010, 10:11 PM
Yes, I picked them up on New Years Day