PDA

View Full Version : T5 question

Nic
Mon Nov 30, 2009, 03:17 AM
gday guys.
i know ive giving everybody the shits now but another nooby question here.
ive got two t5 globes running in my hooded 40L marine tank. the question i need answering is how come my 2 new replacement globes look pinkish instead of a really bright white as they were before replacement????
any solutions to making it look really white and clear again???

thx as always
nic

Robdog
Mon Nov 30, 2009, 03:32 AM
Depends what kind of light you replaced the originals with. Sounds like you've picked up some planted tank tubes instead of marine application lights.
For marines you will want something around the 10000k, 14000k, 20000k range which will be crisp white/blue light instead of "plant" tubes, normally under 10000k and high in the red light spectrum.

HTH

nicholas76
Tue Jan 05, 2010, 10:35 AM
How did you go Nic?

Nic
Fri Jan 08, 2010, 02:17 AM
good...ive checked them out and turns out i did pick up the planted tank ones. :oops:
all sorted now, the light is nice and crsip white. once the LFS opens up again im going to see what kinda corals/aemone he recommends for me.

nicholas76
Sat Jan 09, 2010, 11:35 PM
Depending upon the strength of your light mate id start with some basic morphs, some zoos, rics, go from there! :) Odds on you simply dont have the required lights for an Bta or any other sort of Anenome.

post a tank picture :D

Nic
Tue May 24, 2011, 01:25 AM
Hi Nicholas!

Ive got a bit of detail up about my tank at last. Feel free to gimme some advice to help out :p
http://discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22482