PDA

View Full Version : Wild discus always brown

mpayjr
Sun Nov 08, 2009, 12:29 PM
Hi I have a wild green tefe discus that I have bought, the problem is ever since it's mate died, it has been brown and not a bright yellow orange that it used to be. It has been about 2 months and it is eating fine and seems to being doing great, but it's color has never been as vibrant as before.

does anyone know why it has been like this?

Hollowman
Sun Nov 08, 2009, 02:01 PM
I have found that some fish do pine for their lost partners. Some stop eating and there is nothing you can do. Do you have a community of discus you can return it to ?

mcloughlin2
Sun Nov 08, 2009, 10:54 PM
I have heard not with discus but with many other fish that if one partner dies the other dies of stress/starvation/illness associated with stressing etc.

I think you need to get some more discus with it as discus are a schooling fish that will not do well by themselves. I'd be especially concerned in your case because it is a wild fish that are reknown for not doing well by themselves.

mpayjr
Mon Nov 09, 2009, 08:05 PM
Well, it's been with other dis us for over a month. It has been eating and it is no longer black. But it hasn't regained it primary colors. It used to be more of a yellow, but Noe it's brown, with the occasion of yellow.

pinkymaria
Wed Mar 03, 2010, 10:14 AM
Hi Buddy!!!

Thanks many for given wild solutions..meet again.