PDA

View Full Version : I.D this please..

swampy1972
Fri Oct 30, 2009, 02:33 PM
I got this little guy from a LFS recently. He had no idea about what strain it was but for the price he offered I couldn't resist.

I have my suspicionsabout the strain but I'd like to see if I'm even close to those of you with far more experience than I.

Also, is it a good quality juvie? It's normally the solid golden color, but it's stress bars always appear the moment the camera comes out.

I look forward to your comments

scott bowler
Sat Oct 31, 2009, 03:02 AM
hey thats a nice little fish its a bit hard to tell what it is at the moment give it a few months and good food it will colour up and you will know . it seems to have alot of red in its fins.

lpiasente
Sat Oct 31, 2009, 09:18 AM
ok i'm guessing here a 'red alenquer'

Hollowman
Sat Oct 31, 2009, 10:14 AM
I'll take a stab at alenquer too

mcloughlin2
Sat Oct 31, 2009, 10:29 PM
It appears to have nice shape for a juvenile, but its a shame about the broken/joined stress bar. That would ruin it for me. I won't go any further then that as it is still a juvenile and things change.

I'd say it is alenquer or red rose. There have been thousands imported of both in the last few months.

Hassles
Sun Nov 01, 2009, 06:34 AM
I would say it was a sibbling to a fish I purchased recently. Lovely little bugger too ;-)

swampy1972
Sun Nov 01, 2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks guys. You've confirmed what I had suspected about it's strain.
I've just made up some of the beefheart mix found on this site and it loves it! I'm keeping the colour enhancers away from it to see it's natural colouration first.
I got him in a little shop in Moorebank, Western Sydney. He was left over from someone's tank - my gain eh?