PDA

View Full Version : 108gal Discus Tank

Cory21
Thu Mar 18, 2004, 05:07 AM
Well, I haven't decided if I like the lefthand side of the tank how it is or not yet, so heres a pic of the righthand side for the time being..... I'll hopefully post a pic of the other side in the next few days!

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=133

flukes
Thu Mar 18, 2004, 10:24 AM
Haahahah looks great, and reminds me of me. I do my aquascape and i ll concentrate on one particular thing then finish the job. Then i look at it and i realise that now, one side looks awesome and the other is too plain, so its back to the tank i go.

I think i am happy with the tank atm, I think if i try to change the layout anymore the discus will nore at my fingers while in the tank!!

Least they are trained well!! I can fiddle in the tank, around them and they dont dash or even move for that matter.

But yeah back to the pic, Looks great, you use a sand for substrate?? is it all sand or 50/50. ? Love the red plant too, not good with plants but is that a tiger lotus?? (i think its called that)

Look forward to seeing the other half!!

Scott

Proteus
Thu Mar 18, 2004, 12:57 PM
As always Cory, very nice...

Now where are the Dinnerplates???

:wink:

tennhound
Thu Mar 18, 2004, 03:23 PM
Nice tank cory. Its better than I would have done. Hubby has to do my aquascaping for me. I end up with everything on one side and nothing on the other.

MARIE

Cory21
Thu Mar 18, 2004, 06:02 PM
But yeah back to the pic, Looks great, you use a sand for substrate?? is it all sand or 50/50. ? Love the red plant too, not good with plants but is that a tiger lotus?? (i think its called that)

The entire tank has a sand substrate. And the red plant is Alternanthera reineckii "roseafolia" & Alternanthera reineckii "lilacina" mixed together.

Now where are the Dinnerplates???

There coming, there coming! :wink: :lol:

I end up with everything on one side and nothing on the other.

Thats what kinda happened here too! lol, but not that bad. Have lots of plants for the other side, but they all still have to grow up yet, so it's hard for me to say where I want 'em. I'm going to go buy more of the green crypts like the ones along the front in this picture, I absolutely love 'em! And that what you see is only 2 pots..... plus theres more out of the picture that you can't see..