etc

Thanks

LAMU

Proteus
Tue Feb 08, 2005, 09:10 AM
I will start the ball rolling...

pH - 6.2 -> 7.0

but they can easily do well in 5.4 -> 7.8

its all a matter of how they are acclimated to the water.

kalebjarrod
Tue Feb 08, 2005, 10:50 AM
i tend to worry more about water stability than quoting specific water parameters

i would suggest a regular routine of water changes and then most of our australian water conditions will be accetable

most problem occur from wrong food sources, no QT and lack or iregular water changes

:wink:

lamu22
Sat Feb 12, 2005, 01:43 AM
thanks for your replys guys,
how bout GH any specific hardness

LAMU

flukes
Sat Feb 12, 2005, 08:02 AM
Seriously unless you specs are way out dont bother trying too get them perfect a discus would be more happier in a ph of 7.6, kh 5, gh 5 if it was constant rather than a "ideal water condition".

Really we would all love specs of ph- 6.7, kh 4 gh 3-4 but it doesnt work like that, and there is no reason dumping chemicals in the water too achieve it..

Spagh1i
Mon Mar 07, 2005, 10:41 PM
i used some kind of buffer which created a ideal water, 6-6,4 and 3 gh and 3 kh and the parameters has been like this through 8 water changes, so why not?

Proteus
Mon Mar 07, 2005, 10:45 PM
most buffers arent consistent, which is a bigger issue than having conditions that are maybe out of the specific range that is required...

If you have used something that has kept things at the same level... please share the info

Spagh1i
Tue Mar 08, 2005, 08:15 AM
here it is, its called "Waterlife Acid Buffer"

Spagh1i
Tue Mar 08, 2005, 08:16 AM

Merrilyn
Tue Mar 08, 2005, 09:00 AM
Welcome to the forum Spagh1i. That sounds like good news. You said it kept parameters constant thru 8 water changes. Can you tell us how large were the water changes, and in what size of tank.

Did you add more product at each waterchange, or did it hold things constant with just the first dose.

Oh, and if you can tell us what town or city you are from, that would be good.

Spagh1i
Tue Mar 08, 2005, 02:54 PM
hi there, thanks for the warm welcome, im from Örebro, Sweden and im kinda new to discus, had mine for a bit more than a month.
Well, before i bought my discus i added this product to my tank which is around 560-600 litres, and i havent added anything from it since then.
the water changes is around between 20-30%.
on the bottle it sais that you really have to over dosage to make your ph go under 6 so by the next water change i think ill put some more in to keep the ph like that

Proteus
Wed Mar 09, 2005, 12:30 AM
sadly we dont have access to a lot of Waterlife products down here...

:(

Spagh1i
Wed Mar 09, 2005, 09:34 AM
it seems like you guys in australia have alot of problems with your water?
if thats so it might be worth to order some kind of buffer like this if you really cant make it work with your discus

kalebjarrod
Fri Mar 11, 2005, 09:39 PM
I don't belive that we do have water problems in OZ

except for the serious lack of it LOL