PDA

View Full Version : T5-HO Light Unit

Proteus
Sat Jul 25, 2009, 07:21 AM
Just took delivery of a 3ft (900mm) 4x39w T5-HO yesterday as listed on Pet Supplies Australia

http://www.petsuppliesaustralia.com.au/store/Lighting-c39

The unit was well packaged from the importer, several layers of bubble wrap around a box, with the actual light wrapped in plastic and a few layers of thin white foam. Tubes inside the light unit were padded so they would'nt shake around or move in transit.

The light includes 4x39w 10,000K tubes (very clean light on its own) along with 2 tank mounts which allow the light to be tilted backwards for easy maintenance.

The 4 tubes are controlled by 2 switches, both with waterproof covers. My only criticism would be an extra power cable would be helpful for use with a timer.

I also purchased a Red & Blue tube which when loaded into the unit and in combination with 2 x 10,000K tubes provided a very good mix of light colour's, and when placed over one of my tanks, brought out colour's in the fish I had not seen before.

The light housing/extrusion was comparible with that of much more expensive European brands, and the ease of removing the perspex splash cover was excellent, no tools are needs, just slide out the grey holding plate at one end then the perspex just slides out.

Refer to images below

Proteus
Sat Jul 25, 2009, 07:32 AM
more images...

Proteus
Sat Jul 25, 2009, 07:36 AM
and more images...

Proteus
Sat Jul 25, 2009, 07:38 AM
last images...

ILLUSN
Sat Aug 01, 2009, 08:22 AM
nice finish on the unit mate, love the dual switches, end caps look well ventelated as well.

sf108
Tue Aug 04, 2009, 09:13 AM
Great work on the review!

I am thinking of getting these lights and compared to some of the more expensive brands, this does look like a winner.

So the two switches control 2 tubes each, is that correct?

I was thinking their other lights with the added moonlight/timer may be good too.