PDA

View Full Version : Aggressive Angel

Tracey73
Tue Jun 23, 2009, 11:08 AM
Wondering if someone can help me!
I purchased 4 angels 6 months ago, all was good for a couple months and then one of my angels started annoying my discus so I rehomed him.
Its been 4 months now with no problems up until a couple days ago. One of my angels is terrorising one of the other angels, he full on attacks him with body blows and pecking to the point where my angel getting attacked is covered in marks and grazes.
I quarantined the aggressive one last night and today. I put him back in the tank tonight and within an hour he was back terrorising the same angel. I have a feeling I have two male and one female angels and the aggressive one is trying to bump the other male out the way.
Is rehoming mr aggressive my only option?

jluna
Tue Jun 23, 2009, 08:27 PM
i'd rehome the submissive one OR rehouse the other two, which do sound like a pair. after all, if your angels do breed, the female will pick the most dominant male in the tank, and she'll do so because he's the best possible father... so if you move him, she'll be left with the smaller/weaker male.

it depends on your future goals with them. breeding, move the weakling. aesthetics, move the bully. once an angel sets its sights on a weaker fish, it won't stop bullying, IME.

unless, of course, you can up the numbers of angels, which often dilutes aggression.