chris
Wed Feb 02, 2005, 08:09 AM
Hello people,
Its come time for me to start worming my Discus,
Ive had them over a year now and I havent wormed them,
The guys look fine all eating properly no funny colour poo,
but I feel its time.
I bought aqua master Fluke and Tap worm tablets,
My lfs said disolve a couple of tablets in warm water, soak discus dinner cubs in water or dried shirp, pour the rest of the disolved tablets over the discus whilst eating.
Do I take out the activated carbon,
Whats your method,
Did I buy the right tablets.

Merrilyn
Wed Feb 02, 2005, 08:41 AM
Chris, those tabs are fine. Work a treat. But yes, do take out your carbon till the treatment is finished, then replace it to remove any remaining meds from the water. After that, you will need fresh carbon, because the medication is still in the system, although now it has been removed to the filter. It hasn't gone till you throw out the old carbon.

leanne31
Fri Feb 04, 2005, 01:01 PM
Hi Chris if Im correct from what I ve read in past posts you use geo liquid. If im right the lfs told me to make sure you have no traces before you dose as it will take it out the water like carbon does. He then told me after the treatment when i do my wc to dose with geo liquid to three times the amount to get rid of any old traces. Also from what i ve been told you shouldnt use carbon with geo liquid as they do the same thing. Leanne

chris
Fri Feb 04, 2005, 01:22 PM
Not sure on that leanne, I was under the impression that geoliquid puts back in the trace elements lacking in our water and also balancing out the wrong elements, Im pretty sure you can use geo with carbon filters (let em know if you find out something different) the stuffs harmless.

leanne31
Fri Feb 04, 2005, 01:31 PM
Chris Just been reading geo liqids web site not sure on the carbon but it does say that the contaminant sensors contained in geo liquid treats anything that should not be found in healthy natural water therefore medications and their residues are also treated as contaminants and removed let you know if I find out anything else. Leanne

chris
Fri Feb 04, 2005, 01:40 PM
Cheers Leanne,
I always throw out the instructions , but I do remember bits and peices of it. It does say it can do some remarkable things I dont beleive half of it but Ive said it before my tank sparkles and if it helps the heatlh of my fish by 5% its worth it.