PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm Food for thaught??? (dont ask me what that means...lol)

AdelaideAnt
Wed Mar 17, 2004, 09:13 AM
Well i've been having problems trying to get my fish taking food other than blood worms. Obviously they eat live black worms aswell but i give them beef heart and a Beef heart mix and they don't eat it. They do eat tetra Bits and dont mind frozen or live brine shrimp but it takes them ages to eat it (only give them one block at once). Would the trick be to stop feeding them the bloodworms for a while????

Anthony 8)

Proteus
Wed Mar 17, 2004, 11:31 AM
refer to this post...

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=204

HTH

Mattzilla
Thu Mar 18, 2004, 02:38 AM
when i first started feeding my discus b/h, they wouldn't touch the stuff. they only liked the foods that i had been feeding them and that's all. i starved them for 24hrs...maybe a little more, can't remember.... then fed very small amounts of b/h mix. what they didn't eat i took out of the tank after about 5 minutes. i starved them again for another 24 hrs then did the same thing. once a few of them started to eat it then the rest did too. sfter they had just started to eat a little bit i would just make that particular food their first meal each day when they are most hungry. i always feed their least favourite foods first then their favourites for the rest of the day.

works for me...now my discus go bloody mental over b/h...it's their favourite food. i also add new foods to their b/h mix so that they eat them with their fav food and get used to them quickly.

hth
matt

AdelaideAnt
Thu Mar 18, 2004, 11:22 AM
Thanks Matt and MollyDude 8)

Proteus
Thu Mar 18, 2004, 12:45 PM
See now, I knew that marauding mollymaniac wouldnt shake off...

would ya all stop it...

:P

:wink: