PDA

View Full Version : Exciting News! Angelfish fans plz come in...

sweety213
Sun May 10, 2009, 07:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=frankwen329&view=videos
They are 100% artificial breeding!
anyone who is interested about these new born babies,
please feel free to contact me!
My e-mail --- michelle89213@hotmail.com

Love Discus
Mon Aug 09, 2010, 11:15 PM
What is so exciting to you guys about altums, 2 of the lfs's around here sell altums, I think they are genuine, they all are identicle, they are also identicle to the videos above. what is so cool about them? are they rare in australia? they are about 8 bucks U.S. at about 2 inches tall.

ILLUSN
Tue Aug 10, 2010, 06:28 AM
REAL altums are rare as hens teeth in Australia (plenty or prevuvians around) and retail for ~$200ea for juviniles about 50c coin size (1 and 1/2 inch).

as for whats so cool a 50cm (20 inch) tall angelfish is kinda awesome to see.

Reason: unlike the US we are NOT allowed to import driect from south america, all fish come via germany or japan and a few through Asia hence with each person putting on their handling fee and covering their losses price goes up.
eg if it whole sales from the collector for $2 it goes to the exporter for $4 (100%) to the German importer/distributor for $8 (100%) then to the german retailer for $24 (300% quarentine + curancy conversion + holding costs) to the Austrailian wholsaler $72 (300% quarentine + curancy conversion + holding costs ) to the hobiest for $216 (most aquariums demand a 300% mark up on wholesale here in oz to cover losses, and overheads as they cant makes margin on equiptment of dry goods anymore with online shopping).