PDA

View Full Version : Some more exotic corys coming to SLS....

kevkoi
Sat Jan 29, 2005, 10:50 AM
Well, we have some interesting corydoras coming available to SLS next week!

They are:
Corydoras metae (Bandit corydora)
Corydoras melini (False bandit corydora)

I noticed them on the export list and went... Hmmmm, I wonder if these exporters actually know their fish or not. So I snuck this order in knowing rather well that these 2 fish look very very similar (especially when adult), but just wanted to see if I would be sent the same fish or would they actually be able to tell the difference. :wink: .

I half expected these fish not to show up in the shipment as the last few imports I did with a dozen or so corys on the list, nothing came and they were always either sold out or not looking too good to send. :?
Surprise! Surprise!!.... This time, the corydoras CAME and gee I'm impressed. These guys actually sent me the correct fish!

SO yes, next week once these fish clear quarantine, we will have both the Bandit and the False Bandit! LOL

weird
Sat Jan 29, 2005, 10:57 AM
Hey Kev, that is so exciting cause I love corys ... just great beautiful placid fish.

Any ideas on price right now ?

Chafule
Sat Jan 29, 2005, 12:23 PM
i cant tell the difference lol

only thing i see is the false is more pinkish >.<

weird
Sat Jan 29, 2005, 12:59 PM
Both gorgeous though ;) I just love corys. So cute when they do that ocassional mad rush to the surface.

dreamer
Sat Jan 29, 2005, 01:35 PM
c. melini have unbroken strip from dorsal to caudal and seem to be bit 'dirtier' with speckles on the body.

Chafule
Sun Jan 30, 2005, 03:52 AM
oh i see c.melini have a perfectly straight line while the false has kinda crooked i get it lol

dreamer
Thu Feb 03, 2005, 10:57 PM
are they in the shop now??

kevkoi
Fri Feb 04, 2005, 12:25 AM
yah.. yah... cleared quarantine today. All stable and very good.

dreamer
Fri Feb 04, 2005, 01:49 AM
i think i can sneak a few of them into my overpopulated tank :)

kevkoi
Mon Mar 21, 2005, 11:55 AM
Few other corydoras and other intersting discus tankmates available at SLS soon.

Corydoras elegans 6cm
Corydoras agassizi 5cm
Corydoras melini 4cm

Otocinculus affinis 2-3cm

Silver hatchetfish 3cm

Apistogramma agassizi "double red"
Apistogramma cacatuoides "double red"
Apistogramma trifasciata 'Guapore red'

Nannostomus beckfordi - Beckford's pencilfish

... just to name a few.