PDA

View Full Version : Small hole just above eye

Lionel_t
Tue Jan 25, 2005, 11:21 PM
Hope some one can advise me please, I have two new Discus (appox 2 inch) after placing in a quaranteen tank (lights off, ph 6.8, Nitrate 0, Nitrite 0. gh 9, kh 6) i noticed next day one seemed to have what i can only describe as as small white splinter sticking out just above an eye. The next day the "white splinter" had gone but a small hole almost the size of an extra nostril was in its place. No other symptons, the fish eats well, looks in great condition with bright eyes and perfect fins).
No swelling around the hole, poo is normal.
Any one seen this before and is it the start of some thing worse ?
many thanks

chris
Mon Jan 31, 2005, 09:25 AM
I bought a pair of snakeskins from my lfs, and I to noticed a white spot above the females eye, same thing the spot went ,then there was a small hole, the fish looked good and still ate, so I kept on eye on her, over a few days it slowly went away.
It was like a ZIT or something :?:
hopefully your fish has a blemish to :?: :?:
:wink:

Merrilyn
Mon Jan 31, 2005, 02:32 PM
This is the first sign of 'hole in the head disease' also known as hex. Lots of differing opinions as to why fish get it, but it seems to be diet related. Feed a wide variety of frozen and dry foods, including lots of protein food. If another hole develops, treat with metro.