PDA

View Full Version : strange poo

dukequar
Mon Jan 24, 2005, 07:00 AM
Hi
I've got a query about a small discus that i have. I have noticed white/cream coloured faeces that is solid looking - definately not 'stringy' - and considerably larger than normal discus poo - about 5mm wide looking at it side on. Its not there all the time, but we can't seem to find it when cleaning the tank. The fish is quieter than usual and seems to have stopped eating, but still chases the other discus and swims about.
Some people hvae mentioned that it may be constipation but it seems a little stranger than that. If anyone has any ideas on what this could be then it would be gladly appreciated.

thanks.

leanne31
Mon Jan 24, 2005, 08:20 AM
You sound like you have the same problem I have I put a posting today in the general discus questions basically ive been told it could be 1 of three things 1 hex 2 worms 3 if you havent had it that long change of diet im still waiting for replys to my posting so antil then thats all i can suggest

weird
Mon Jan 24, 2005, 08:41 AM
A photo might help dukequar with the diagnosis. :wink:

kalebjarrod
Mon Jan 24, 2005, 09:41 AM
could be constipation, i think you use epsom salts for constipation but t be honest i am unsure, sorry :|

Merrilyn
Mon Jan 31, 2005, 02:39 PM
Sounds like your fish is passing worm segments. Use a good worm treatment, and be sure to syphon the bottom daily to remove the expelled worms before the other fish can eat them.

dukequar
Thu Feb 03, 2005, 12:32 AM
hi thanks for the replies. Unfortunately the little guy died in quarantine. Tried prazi and then a heavy duty antibiotic from the vet, but to no avail.

Merrilyn
Thu Feb 03, 2005, 03:05 AM
Sorry to hear that mate.

nicholas76
Fri Feb 04, 2005, 07:33 AM
Hi
I've got a query about a small discus that i have. I have noticed white/cream coloured faeces that is solid looking - definately not 'stringy' - and considerably larger than normal discus poo - about 5mm wide looking at it side on. Its not there all the time, but we can't seem to find it when cleaning the tank.

thanks.

If i was a betting man 100% sure its hexamitis. You need to treat it early or its as good as dead. white mucus is the lining of the digestive track ( intestines )