PDA

View Full Version : Now for sale. 2 x Rio Negro or Tapajos?

Blybo
Sun Jan 18, 2009, 10:49 PM
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of selling my 2 beautiful geo's to allow a better planted overhaul of my tank. It's a tough decision as they are the focal point of my community tank and my personal favorites.

I bought these 2 as Rio Negro when I knew next to nothing about geo's (not much better now) but they look very similar to photos I've seen of Tapajos. I just have the 2 as in the photos below. Is the one you can see half of in each photo with less ornate fins female, it is slightly smaller than the other one? They are about 12cm long, what would be a fair price to ask for them in Melbourne?

Excuse the dirty glass, it was a rushed photo before heading to work this morning.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff88/Blybo/IMG_2886.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff88/Blybo/IMG_2885.jpg

Blybo
Wed Jan 21, 2009, 12:14 AM
Now for sale... $50 for both (suspected pair) ONO. I'll place a link in the classified section.

Pick up only from inner Eastern Melbourne suburbs.

japes
Mon Mar 16, 2009, 02:49 PM
I'd hazard a guess that they're the Araguaia varient Orange Heads, Geophagus sp. "Araguaia Orange Head". Looks to be a male and female combo, great colouration. I'd definitely be asking a little more for those guys - you'd struggle getting them from a store as 4cm fry for that price.

Krumpet
Tue Mar 17, 2009, 07:48 AM
have to agree with japes, probably an Araguaia and def a couple of the better ones ive seen around.

Blybo
Sun Mar 22, 2009, 10:36 PM
Well someone got a bargain then didn't they :oops: . Long gone and now I have a planted tank where my rainbows are eating the plants. I can't win..

SusieQ
Sun Mar 22, 2009, 11:02 PM
Hi... They were georgeous.. If I lived anywhere near there I would have been knocking on your door for sure... Good luck to them in their new home and you with whatever you replace them with... Sue :D

big bish
Fri Jun 05, 2009, 01:26 PM
hey there i live in adelaide and iam very keen to grab these fish off you if you still have them