PDA

View Full Version : Eggs again ... wohoo ... but I don't want babies right now

weird
Tue Jan 18, 2005, 10:09 AM
My tangerine pigeons bloods have decided again to use the filter intake as a breeding cone, but this time I have decided to leave them and not separate the tank off.

I am planning on moving to a more permanent dwelling at the end of the year, and will have some racks made up to house a small collection of tanks, so if my discus do breed I can move them to their own tank. I just don't have the facilities to breed discus atm.

Questions:

1. Leaving a breeding pair with 4 other adults ... is there likely to be argo and fighting in the tank ? Anyone have a happy couple sharing a tank with others ?

2. How long will discus breed for ? These guys can't be too much over 12 months old ... can I expect them to keep breeding when they are over 2 yo ?

Trebs
Wed Jan 19, 2005, 01:05 AM
Yes, there will be agro. It tends to get worse when they get to wriggler stage.

They will breed when they are older but expect them to slow down. They will spawn less often but don't worry about them going through discus menopause at 2yrs old. Not sure about when discus get too old to breed but you should have plenty of time yet.

kalebjarrod
Wed Jan 19, 2005, 08:16 AM
hopefully your BN will make a nice meal of the eggs and you won't have much of a problem!

weird
Wed Jan 19, 2005, 09:01 AM
The expecting mum rules the tank with a iron fist when she ain't expecting, I pity the poor BN that wonders into her domain, lol. :evil: