PDA

View Full Version : SLS: Violet reflection D.... breeding pair!! Yours??

kevkoi
Mon Jan 17, 2005, 04:43 AM
STUNNING pair of Violet Reflection. High body, MASSIVE size and superb pair....

These COULD be YOURS!!! :lol: Stay tuned and find out... :wink:

africandiscus
Mon Jan 17, 2005, 05:31 AM
I am tuned in.........

the_oracle
Mon Jan 17, 2005, 08:29 AM
They're gorgeous....................
:lol:

ctvu
Mon Jan 17, 2005, 10:36 AM
I am staying tuned :)

kevkoi
Tue Jan 18, 2005, 01:50 AM
:lol: Good news and bad news.....

Bad news first... At US$2000ea, to put on auction, the owner/breeder of this pair of Violet reflection has turned it down. :cry:

Good news is, we've secured 20x 2.5" Violet reflection juveniles from this spectacular pair!! Word is that this is a giant strain. The fry grow VERY FAST and it is not unheard of that the this strain grows up to a staggering 8inch!!!

I'm still on the search for 3.5"-4" V.reflections from this line.... Search continues.

dreamer
Tue Jan 18, 2005, 10:20 AM
mine are about 6" with very high body :)
now only if they would breed ....

Proteus
Tue Jan 18, 2005, 12:55 PM
Kev, shouldnt that be US$200 each?

nobody in there right mind would pay almost AU$2500 for one Discus...

ug???

kevkoi
Tue Jan 18, 2005, 01:27 PM
No no.. u got that wrong. These fish are bloody MONSTER dinnerplate size. And it deosn't matter what the Aussies are willing to pay... It's what the rest of the world is willing to pay. He's been offered US$2000 by a Japanese customer before and he still refused to sell. I tried to tempt the breeder to sell it by offering this fish on Auction at whatever price he was willing to let the fish go at (I did say ridiculous amounts of money!), but alas, it was NOT FOR SALE for any price!!! Just no price would make him sell this pair.... :( They are spectacular though. At AUD250 I would have bought them for myself!!!

He has 4 pairs of these magnificent fish all churning out fry and he still can't produce enough fry to sell!!!

Ro, I've seen the Japanese and Taiwanese buy discus in Penang.... they're a scary lot. :lol: Wads of cash in hand...

Proteus
Tue Jan 18, 2005, 09:46 PM
From what I hear, the latest craze in Japan is Amano Designed tanks (yes, actually paying to have Mr Amano set your tank up) then fill them up with Discus & Angels...

I only wish

kevkoi
Wed Jan 19, 2005, 06:26 AM
AHA!! Never mind that we didn't get this expensive pair now...Have just secured 4adult 4.5" Violet Reflections from another breeder!!!! .... with a great price to match as well. :wink:

Happy happy, joy joy.... :lol: