PDA

View Full Version : SLS: FS, Acarichthys heckelii *SPECIAL!!*

kevkoi
Fri Jan 14, 2005, 11:44 AM
Acarichthys heckelii aka Threadfin acara, new stock and CHEAPEST IN TOWN!!

We have got some very rare South American earth eaters very seldom seen in Australia for an excellent price. Just 2 months ago, these fish were being sold at 5-7cm privately for between $90 (cheapest I could confirm) all the way up to $250 (in Melbourne)!!

We currently have in-stock almost 50 fish at 5-6cm Acarichthys heckelii (the REAL DEAL!).

For a limited fime at crazy price of $45ea or 6x for $240!!!

These fish are relatively peaceful South Americans which we have had a mated pair co-exist with discus in our planted display tank at SLS before (together with cardinals, and other small tetras) without any problems. They cleared a spot at the back of the tank off any vegetation but left the rest of the tank plants (and we are talking exotic plants like madagascan lace and rare plants like that in the tank!) untouched.

These fish get up to around the 13cm mark. Pictures attached are just indicative of the species at full size and not pictures of the actual fish for sale. (Though I have to say, the pair we had in the plant tank did look much better in the flesh than these photos! LOL)

kevkoi
Sat Jan 15, 2005, 08:02 AM
Just a quick note to say that these fish won't be at SLS till Monday/Tues.

They're coming.. Not in the shop yet. Just had too many people come in today asking for them. My appologies. (They were suppose to come in today, but....)

Jonesy
Sat Jan 15, 2005, 10:24 PM
yer thanks kev i got so excited when i saw the price that you have on these fish and i came in and there was none there :(... should get a few FREE fish for that dont you think kev :)...
let me just say i saw the frist batch of these guys that sls got and in a planted tank ...
And let me just say that look good enough to EAT...

kevkoi
Sun Jan 16, 2005, 06:53 AM
Hmmm, they must taste pretty good.

If you type 'Acarichthys heckelii' on Google, one of the images you will see is this one below :lol:

The small A.heckelii are in the shop now. There is a choice between the small fellas at $45ea or the bigger 10cm imported A.heckelii at $130ea. Different bloodlines.

weird
Sun Jan 16, 2005, 09:11 AM
Next week ... on IRON CHEF !

kevkoi
Sun Jan 16, 2005, 09:29 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DiscusMan
Sun Jan 16, 2005, 12:08 PM
So how are the ones you have gonna be supplied Kev?

Battered or crumbed.

Wayne