PDA

View Full Version : Red-tipped Black Shark

Gone Fishing
Sat Nov 15, 2008, 12:05 PM
How about 'Red-tipped Black Shark'? Are they compatible with the below setup?

Current 200ltr tank friends;

-(2)x 15cm Discus
-(1)x 12cm Discus
-(2)x 10cm Clown Loaches
-(2)x 8cm Bristle nose catfish
-(2) Med-Lge Congo tetras
-(1) Sm Pearl Gourami
-(1) Sm Red-tipped Black Shark

-(4-6) Anubias Logs
-(3) Caves

Many Kindly Fishy Regards
Jason

lpiasente
Sat Nov 15, 2008, 07:36 PM
I was at a discus aquarium yesterday and he had sharks in with his discus and said never any issues but my brother had to take 2 out of his tank last week as they were running up the discus and freaking them out.

lpiasente
Sat Nov 15, 2008, 07:45 PM
I was at a discus aquarium yesterday and he had sharks in with his discus and said never any issues but my brother had to take 2 out of his tank last week as they were running up the discus and freaking them out.

Jim Curtis
Sat Nov 15, 2008, 10:36 PM
I wouldnt risk it, but at the same time I wouldnt have gouramis or clown loaches either. I also wouldnt keep just 3 discus. If it were my tank Id get rid of everything but the tetras and add two or 3 more discus.

Gone Fishing
Sun Nov 16, 2008, 08:14 AM
It does bother one in particular (15cm-yellow melon) sometimes, but I find the gourami keeps him at bay and if there's always some bottom feeding food for him, it keeps his attention away from bothering other fish. Although, saying that when he does go up and down the discus, he seems to be looking for food, plant matter maybe, and he seems attracted to the black on his fins, and is not necessarily aggressive either (I think). Whether or not there is some food for him on the discus. I don't know. Any ideas?

P.S. A large lively planted tank with variety and where there is harmony is my goal.

Many Kindly Fishy Regards
Jason