PDA

View Full Version : tankmates

Dave+Amy
Tue Nov 04, 2008, 07:54 PM
hey guys,
just wanting to know if Angels make suitable tankmates with Discus? I've always thought Angels could give Discus parasitic flukes or something but other people have told me it's an old train of thought and that they keep their Angels with Discus.

I told all my Angels when I went Discus because I didn't want to risk it

dapostle
Sun Dec 28, 2008, 11:50 PM
I think most talk is on keeping wild angels or Discus together there is problems and from what I am being advised never keep the two togehter. However in saying that about wilds, i have had my local Discus and Angels together for a year or so and no probs at all. I even have peppies in with them and flying fox all are ok although I have lost a couple of foxes of late and one peppy, possibly the food is a bit rich for them seemed like bloat...to much.
In saying all that they should be fine...

David

ILLUSN
Mon Dec 29, 2008, 12:34 AM
Angels can get a bit on the agro side for discus especially if the angels decide to pair and spawn, they are also stronger swimmers than discus and have a tendancy to eat all the food before the discus can get a good feed. dad use to keeps brown discus and angels togther but had problems when the angels paired.

dapostle
Wed Jan 07, 2009, 06:09 AM
Well I would have to agree with the advisor, becase the angel is a bit more agro when fed and the discus just sit back. I have just yesterday taken the angels out of the tank they are starting to spawn and discus are a lot of money and the talk is get the angels out. They are now out....