PDA

View Full Version : Finally some pics

Aurora
Tue Jan 11, 2005, 11:37 AM
Finally, after having my discus for about a month I have figured out how to take some decent pics.

My discus arent actually in my main tank because they werent eating so I moved them to a small bare bottom, but since then they have been much better and are settling in now. The male has lightened right up to the point of looking pink, and has lost nearly all his peppering.

Anyway, sorry to the people without cable, but the pics looked slightly better before I converted to .jpg, but then all these pics would have been 13MB!!!

So tell tell me what you think. Comments, compliments, critisisims, cash........whatever you got, I can take it :lol:

Aurora
Tue Jan 11, 2005, 11:42 AM
more...

Aurora
Tue Jan 11, 2005, 11:43 AM
last two...

jim
Tue Jan 11, 2005, 11:15 PM
beautiful setup....
I think if you stain your cabinet...should looks better..

africandiscus
Wed Jan 12, 2005, 12:00 AM
do you feed them live food

Aurora
Wed Jan 12, 2005, 01:04 AM
Yeah I feed them live blackworms and brine shrimp. They have also started to eat frozen bloodworms and more recently are starting to eat Colourbits. There also not quite as scared when I approach the tank. So I think they are starting to come along.

Now I just need to get them eating this discus mix I have, and all will be good :) Problem is it doesnt sink very easily, and they only really eat things off the bottom.

Budi_Armyn
Wed Jan 12, 2005, 09:25 AM
Dave,
Yess .... I feel happy that at last you can overcome the hunger strike!!!
Don't worry about the colour of your male fish. I'm sure that before it's fed with beefheart + axthaxantin. You have already give Tetrabits and soon it will get back the red colour.
BTW, nice aquarium set up and nice fish (the Cardinal Tetra).

regards,

budi armyn

kalebjarrod
Wed Jan 12, 2005, 10:35 AM
hay dave nice setup

they will get there colour back soonish, may take 6 mths

then they will have more colour than they had when you got them!

nice cardinals :wink:

Aurora
Thu Jan 13, 2005, 12:17 AM
Hi all,

It seems funny that his colour has changed so much since I got him, but she is exactly the same. They have eaten the same.

Anyway it doesnt really bother me, I dont mind the pink colour....Ive never seen a pink discus before :) As long as their happy, healthy and start spawning ;)

"Yess .... I feel happy that at last you can overcome the hunger strike!!!" - Budi_Armyn

Yes I am happy too. They seem to be eating most things I give them now, which is good, but they are still slow to eat everything, which is why I couldnt put them back in the other tank for a while, because they would never get any food, even if they wanted to eat this time!

P.S Im glad everyone likes the cardinals