PDA

View Full Version : What to feed?

coo-ee
Sat Oct 25, 2008, 09:10 AM
I've just picked up 6 Tapajos Red Heads and was wondering what are the best foods for them.

What to feed or what not to feed?

Cheers

midnite_racer
Sun Oct 26, 2008, 08:44 PM
Hi,
congratulations on the purchase. They are a great looking fish.

I usually feed mine geo's with Tetra Colour Bits and the usual frozen stuff like blood worms and brine shrimps.

Regards

Michael.

valkyrie
Tue Feb 10, 2009, 08:55 AM
What not to feed is beef heart or any high protein foods

Basti
Mon Feb 22, 2010, 10:54 AM
im thinking of putting a few in with my discus. beefheart leftovers from the discus (not very likely as discus are fat pigs) is bad you rekon?

syxx
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 07:04 AM
I dont believe there will be any harm in feeding a little beefheart to your geo's, just like all sth Americans don't feed them to much of any one thing. Mysis shrimp are a good size for most Geo's, also if you can get some live Glass shrimp and live black worms your fish will love you as the chase will give them something to do and they get a very healthy reward for it.

Hood
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 04:01 PM
That small amount of beef heart while the geos grow out should not be too much off a problem.
What your biggest worry would be with putting geos in with discus is that they will often out compete the discus for food, and are often a bit boystruss (spelling?) for your discus. They tend to stress them out from my experience.

I find it is good to feed them some NLS, the beta carotene in this will really bring out the red. Some tetra colour bits as previously mentioned will also be good for the same reason, however i feel the NLS has a higher nutritional content. It is also good to give them some spirulina wafers once a week o make the blue/green pearls really pop.

Hope this helps mate. ;)

Mattzilla
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 09:57 PM
I would feed a large variety of foods

geos are omnivores which means they eat all types of food.

variety is the key in my experience.

I feed my geos frozen hikari blood worms and brine shimp, sprirulina wafers, kelp pellets, flake, colour bits, sinking cichlid pellets.... pretty much anything i have laying around!!!

They will even graze on zuchini sometimes

i definately wouldn't over do it on beefheart although a little wouldn't hurt

variety is the key!