PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Batch of wrigglers

DiscusMan
Fri Jan 07, 2005, 11:57 AM
Same parents moved away from 1st batch 1 week ago from memory.

This time they have a lot more, i estimate about 150 wrigglers at this stage. They have them all on the back of the breeding cone as it is all setup in some sort of order unlike last time. But of course they laid them right on the back as i you would expect so they can see what im doing and watch babies at same time.

There was no where near the amount of fungused eggs in this lot showing how much better both there aims are as they progress.

as soon as i can get a pic i will put one up if you are interested.

ummmm so i looks like i will be selling some babies soon :). I surely dont have enough room for all these.

Wayne

weird
Fri Jan 07, 2005, 01:23 PM
Thats fantastic news ! :D

I am witnessing a first attempt (and also my first !) , and boy I think my guys need more practice ... most of eggs I saw first day disappeared, still heaps of unfertilised eggs ... and what is left is ... I have no idea ... just wait and see. :)

DiscusMan
Sun Jan 09, 2005, 10:56 AM
Pro,

i got the video off my camera. It is 33megs. Anyone want to watch it then please say so and then i can organise with pro

Here is a picture of them anyways.

Wayne

DiscusMan
Fri Jan 14, 2005, 11:53 AM
Dont Like to keep boring you with this rubbish but i am still excited about them so here is my current update for the second batch

Hatch on the 10/1/05

narny
Fri Jan 14, 2005, 06:59 PM
NICE !!!! Good Luck with em, i'm 24 hours into my first batch of eggs now, loads left and looking good. Mums been cleaning the cone and i've lost a few but only 24 hours left now ! Getting excited. Also just recieved a nice big 6 inch Cobolt blue for my display tank, hoping for another pair heheheh

Bronx19
Mon Jan 24, 2005, 07:08 AM
Who'd think tadpoles would turn into a fish shaped like a plate.

kalebjarrod
Mon Jan 24, 2005, 09:38 AM
nice stuff wanye,

DiscusMan
Tue Jan 25, 2005, 11:09 AM
Yeah i posted this somewhere else but ill add it here.

These parents are only very young adn had a fair few babies this time around.

You can see that the same fish has the dry on it in both pics. The other fish takes care of them but only for very short amounts of time.

Result is the main carer got so tired that the fish really got into it and after 10 days i needed to serperate them. On seperation the parent jsut lied flat on bottom of tank for half an horu recovering.

All is cool now with onyl a bit of fin damage that i hope will grow back. Making sure they dont spawn until they have a longer break this time.

Fry are all going well at this stage. Will post a pic in a couple of days of the little beasties :)

Wayne