PDA

View Full Version : extra seal in aqua pro cf1000 ?

weird
Tue Jan 04, 2005, 10:51 AM
Hi I hooked up the aqua pro (with spray bar) as the 2nd cannister filter to my fluval 404. There is no instructions in the box and I tried every bloody way to get the seal on which was in the box. I finally gave up and just hooked up the thing ... no leaks !!!! Is this an extra seal ? Anyone else have this experience ?

Thanks

weird
Tue Jan 04, 2005, 11:27 AM
Here is a picture of the setup. Anyone with any info on the seal much appreciated. I think flukes has a similar cannister.

I am keeping any eye of any water spilling by checking the plastic bucket.

chrissyoscar
Tue Jan 04, 2005, 10:03 PM
I have the Aqua Pro cf-1200 and don't recall getting any extra seals. All the seals were already on the unit all I had to do was hook up the hoses.
If you have a spare seal then chances are that's just what it is, a spare. If the unit is working and there are no leaks then I wouldn't worry about it.

Oscar

vishy100
Sat Jan 29, 2005, 01:27 PM
Hey,
Is that the from aquariumproducts? Is it noisy? Also on the outlet of ur fluval is that an inline heater? How did u conect it?
thanx
Matt

AgeofAquariums
Thu Feb 03, 2005, 11:26 PM
Hi I hooked up the aqua pro (with spray bar) as the 2nd cannister filter to my fluval 404. There is no instructions in the box and I tried every bloody way to get the seal on which was in the box. I finally gave up and just hooked up the thing ... no leaks !!!! Is this an extra seal ? Anyone else have this experience ?

Thanks

Hi Dave,

The unit comes complete with a seal attached. Occasionally Jebao ( the manufacture of Aqua pro external filters ). throws in a extra seal. Generally though they do not. We have sold over 500 mixed Aqua pro canisters with no leaks. You should trouble operation with that unit. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to call me on 07 3800 5592 or send a email to ranchu@aquariumproducts.com.au

Ben :wink:

flukes
Fri Feb 04, 2005, 07:53 AM
Thats one reason why i like buying ehiem and fluval, easy to get parts..

WrxAnt
Sat Feb 26, 2005, 07:38 AM
Hey Weird,

I was wonder if you could update us on your Aqua Pro.

Is it still kicking along?

Are the flow rates quoted realistic when compared to your Fluval 404?

THe reason I ask is that I have 2 Eheim 2224s and I need another cannister for mt 6x2x2 and I'm considering the aqua pro.

Thanks again
Ant