PDA

View Full Version : Otto internal filter

Rgoganj
Sun Jan 02, 2005, 09:57 PM
Happy New Year to all,

I was wondering if any of the members are using a Otto internal filter, my question is in regards to noise, they are supposed to be silent, but the unit I have does have a buzzing / rattling type of noise. :?

Is this normal for internal filters as my old Twin fish was silent, you couldn’t hear it run. :P

Thanks

Rob.G :x

kalebjarrod
Sun Jan 02, 2005, 10:01 PM
turn the otto off, it has some air in the impeller

give it a shake under water and get out the air bubbles, turn it back on, if there is still a noise - repeat

once its running right it should be almost silent

Rgoganj
Mon Jan 03, 2005, 02:17 AM
Thanks Ryan,

chris
Fri Jan 07, 2005, 09:52 AM
I just got a Otto 450G Its awesome, mine is very Quiet.

DiscusMan
Fri Jan 07, 2005, 12:20 PM
I just got a Otto 450G Its awesome, mine is very Quiet.

I agree these are very nice filters for noise levels. Bit of a pain to get out to clean thou :)

Got any smart way to hook them up so that its easier to get out without splashing water everywhere?

Wayne

kalebjarrod
Fri Jan 07, 2005, 10:20 PM
sorry wanye,

spillage it is! :wink:

DiscusMan
Sat Jan 08, 2005, 01:20 AM
With all the water we all play in everyday it wont be long before we all start growing fins ourselves :)

Wayne

Robbies Discus
Sat Jan 08, 2005, 04:22 AM
let alone the wrinlky fingers, our lot are gonna be the wrinkliest old ppl ever :D :D

kalebjarrod
Sat Jan 08, 2005, 08:37 AM
i have been eating that much ham over the christmas break that i think i will be growing a curly tail first LOL

chris
Fri Jan 14, 2005, 09:57 AM
Sorry Ive got no tips, on how to clean them, just have a few towels near by an youll be fine

AgeofAquariums
Thu Feb 03, 2005, 11:28 PM
Happy New Year to all,

I was wondering if any of the members are using a Otto internal filter, my question is in regards to noise, they are supposed to be silent, but the unit I have does have a buzzing / rattling type of noise. :?

Is this normal for internal filters as my old Twin fish was silent, you couldn’t hear it run. :P

Thanks

Rob.G :x

Hi Rob,

The Otto internal filter range is basically silent. If you here a buzzing noise check to see if the impellor is aligned correctly with the powerhead. If so you may have a faulty unit.

Ben :wink: