PDA

View Full Version : my wilds

tc
Mon Aug 25, 2008, 07:29 AM
hi there
i just wanted to share some photos of one of my wild discus tanks - 6 x 2 x 2 ft with a 3 ft sump, it has a sand floor, driftwood, some sword plants, some anubias on wood and floating Hydrocotyle leucocephala. thanks
if you have any suggestions in regard to improvements please feel free to comment. The colour of the discus is washed out due to my poor photography skills!
tc

JT
Mon Aug 25, 2008, 07:55 AM
just wonder, what's the purpose of having sand floor rather than gravel floor ??

thanks

ChrisEddy85
Mon Aug 25, 2008, 08:34 AM
Very nice tank. Love the big D/W on the left hand side.

TW
Fri Aug 29, 2008, 02:07 PM
That is great lookin driftwood. Very nice discus too. Was your flash on when you took the picture. I have very poor camera skills, but find that I get the best shots when taken at night. I turn off all lights in the room, other than the tank light & the flash is switched off on the camera. The light in the tank is plenty.

I would love to see more shots another time. What sort of wilds do you have in there?

tc
Fri Aug 29, 2008, 10:03 PM
hi again
thanks for the comments - tw - i think 8 of them are wild greens - they have the characteristic red spots on their anal fins. 2 are tefe greens and 1 might be a blue brown but not that sure (he has red striping rather than red spots on anal fin?). i had bought them in 2 batches. the original 6 were "on special" and sold as greens but when i posted them on an international discus site for identification heiko bleher identified 1 of them as a blue brown - rest green/tefe. i removed the blue brown identified by Bleher and placed it with my other wild browns and i then puchased more - both green and tefe. (2 died from the first batch)
having a group of 11 has been excellent - they all hang around together and no one dicus is picked on. i would like more but the tank is just not big enough
JT - if you look up wild dicus info you will find that they come from a sandy bottom environment - they spend alot of time blowing in the sand and picking up food..

the wood i bought from a local lfs in canberra - they have heaps of it.
tc

tc
Fri Aug 29, 2008, 10:08 PM
tw...
and thanks for the photo comments and suggestions - i will try what you suggested...
tc

lpiasente
Fri Aug 29, 2008, 10:39 PM
Ooooooo so bewdiful

the_oracle
Fri Aug 29, 2008, 11:17 PM
I have always loved WILDS..................
A great collectioon yopu have ..............
Well done....

Sanie.

waitaki
Sat Aug 30, 2008, 12:29 AM
hi they look great, love the tank set up

Gajowa
Sat Aug 30, 2008, 08:10 PM
Beautifull discus and I love the set up

Merrilyn
Sun Aug 31, 2008, 02:56 PM
Gorgeous !!!!!!

I think more photos are definitely in order.

Love the tank too.

:P