PDA

View Full Version : Peppermint Bristle Nose fight

Mattzilla
Wed Aug 06, 2008, 12:00 AM
Hi, I went into the garage yesterday to se something crazy going on in the pepprmint tank. Two sub adults where going at it hard!!!

i've never seen a fight like this between catfish.... part of my couldn't stop watching and part of me was worried that one of them would get killed.

So of course instead of breaking them up i got the camera and recorded some of the fight...hahaha

sorry the lighting is extremely poor cause it's not a very lit tank...and youtube has made it look even darker. but you get an idea of what's going on anyway.

cheers
matt
Vid 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j520LKwxLjg)

Vid 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii1cDrFyzKc)

norto
Wed Aug 06, 2008, 12:15 AM
Jeez you are not wrong they were at it hard... are they O.K.
Norto.

Mattzilla
Wed Aug 06, 2008, 12:29 AM
yeah as far as i can tell they are fine...

i've been watching them since the fight and they seem to be ok.

I would expect this type of fighting from maturing males... but i think they are both females....no bristles anyway.

Matt

ILLUSN
Wed Aug 06, 2008, 02:49 AM
jesus mate i thought it would be my male causing dramas in the tank. Not your girls. Still mate great pics.

Mattzilla
Wed Aug 06, 2008, 03:13 AM
well i first thought that when i saw something going on! i thought i god the new male is going ape hahahaha

maybe the grils are fighting over him??? fingers crossed that's it

peppermintman
Mon Sep 22, 2008, 11:36 PM
The Females are mean to the males, The females want to fight the males to prove they are tough enough to breed. Dont worry mine done that for weeks then they breed. The females are like humans (hate to say that) Dont take any out cause you might lose a pair potental pair.

Suncoastscott
Mon Nov 03, 2008, 09:45 AM
Great vids, love a good catfight. Unusual for fems. When mine fight they don't last long although when the males fight they can go at it several times an hour- all day.

jtchia
Tue Jun 16, 2009, 12:07 PM
lol, crazy..... can they kill each other with their spines?

Mattzilla
Tue Jun 16, 2009, 12:10 PM
this was a while back now but they both died within 2 weeks of eachother!

so i guess yes they can kill eachother

ILLUSN
Tue Jun 16, 2009, 01:50 PM
unlucky mate, I've had males kill each other before, better keep a closer eye on my bigger girls.